cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update termination Error : Maintain Output device in User master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For transaction IW32 when print is given we have getting Update termination error : Maintain Output device in User master record.

I have set the user_settings = Space, for output_Options passed the output device . Even for control_paramters I have passed the device while calling the Smartform . However there is no use. Still I am getting the update termination error.

Please let me know how to solve this issue. Any OSS Note is there for this.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Preethi G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though you have maintain user master records

Go to System->User Profile->Own Data-->Click on the Defaults tab. Check Output Controller is blank?. Click on Print Immediately & Delete after output. Instead of repeat output you can create a new and give the printer name. Check your print program may something with layout is missing.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. There is no problem in the print program .

In the user master record , if the output device is not given and in the print program if we pass the output device. the error is coming.Is there any way to solve the issue at the print program level with out maintaining the user master.Please let me know.

Many Thanks!

Regards,

Preethi G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know your inputs to solve this issue.

Many Thanks!

Thanks & Regards,

Preethi G

Former Member
0 Kudos

It really sounds like that somewhere in your program you're getting the user's printer address and using that. Is the print program the SAP standard or ??.