cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error msg " Acct requires CO obj assignment " ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on SRM 5.5. , Extended classic scenario ( self-driven procurement) .

I am facing a problem , while creating a SC ( in account assignment) .

If i create a shopping cart, for a particular material , it gives an error message saying 'ACCOUNT (ACCOUNT NO. ) REQUIRES AN ASSIGNMENT TO A CO OBJECT ) .

But , if i create a shopping cart, using another material , it does not give this error.

Can anyone, throw light as to why this is happening.

It is a little urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Aravind Nair.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind

Is it only related to the selected material? I'm not familiar with SRM 5.5 (we're on 4.0 with SRM server 5.0) but probably your problem is related to account determination. How is it customized in your system? In SRM server 5.0 you have to define the account types (CC, OR, ...) and in PPOMA_BBP (org.mgmt.) assign them to attribute KNT. The accounting types define the accounting fields like e.g. cost center or order number. One of those fields is the leading one. This one is mandatory during SC creation (see accounting in item details screen).

In customizing you also have to specify to which category id (of the product category) and source system and accounting type which G/L account is assigned to.

Because your materials are all assigned to a product category it is possible - depending on your customizing settings - that another accounting type requires additional or other accounting fields to be mandatory. Maybe this is the reason why for one material it works and for another not?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Renaud

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nimish,

It is maintained in OKB9 , thats what my functional guy tells me.

It has got something to do with g/l account-cost center i guess.

We had originally implemented the DOC_CHANGE badi , to determine the default G/L account, If we deactivate this BADI, then the system determines some other cost center and no error message is displayed.

However, if we activate this BADI, some other g/l acct is determined and this error is put up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

To change the deafult G/L account,you need to use the BADI BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

WE had used ZBBP_DETERMINE_ACC and method DETERMINE_ACCOUNT where by we select the valuation class from mbew table for that material and based on the valuation class we fetch the GL account from table T030.

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Aravind - Can you please let us know whether your issue is resolved. If yes, Can you please specify the solution.

I am facing the same error now and I am not able to figure out the reason for it.

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud and Nimish,

Thanks for the quick response. I ve sent your posts to my FI consultant, He shall check the same.

Il get back once he replies.

Thankyou.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aravind

have you check OKB9 transaction in R3 - FI .

Here we maintain the COst center - cost element.

Regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind

This is because the the particular material profit center which is link cost center in OkB9 in R3 FI requires a cost object.

The cost object enttry is not maintained can u pls chk this with your local FI person and ask him to maintain the cost object for the cost center.

See Material is linked to profit center and which is linked to cost center which in turn is linked to cost object.

so this error is material specific.

Ask your FI consultant to maintian the cost object for cost center which is linked ot the profit cente in material masters

regards,

Nimish Sheth