cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Port Sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At present the client is using different ERP other than SAP.

I will explain the present export sales in that ERP.

MTO Scenario:

Client is having two plants: 1000(Pune) and 2000(Port as plant-Mumbai)

Customer XYZ is from Dubai.

When the customer places the order from Dubai they will create the sales order and move the goods from 1000 plant to 2000 port plant.

In 2000 Plant they will do GR for that goods then

From 2000 port plant they will create delivery...and billing.

Now We need to map the export sales from Port in SAP.

I want u r valuable suggestions for mapping the export port sales in SAP.

with regards

Azeez.Mohd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez,

I understand that your requirement as Intercompany STO process:

For STO Process config steps as below:

Material should exist in both the plants (Delivering & Ordering),

1. Internal customer should be assigned to the ordering plant ( MM -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Setup stock transport order -> assign the internal customer to the ordering plant and assign the Sales area of the internal customer.

Eg: consider plant B as a internal customr.

2. Assign its Sales area to the delivering plant

3. Assign the document type and Delivery type NB and NLCC

4. Assign the Supplying plant --> Receiving Plant --> NB

5. Take the delivering plant and assign the sales area.

6. Vendor master has to be created and assaign the supply source ( Delivering Plant).

7. Create a puchase order ME21N ---> Save

8. Delivery VL10 G ---> Calculation rule (appropriate) --> Assaign the purchase order number here and execute.

9. Select the Delivery creation line and do the back ground process.

10. Start the log display and see the delivery document number by the documents button

11. Goto VL02N --> do picking and PGI --> Then do the MIGO with respect to the delivery document.

12. Billing (Intercompany pricing conditions should be set).

Hope this will help you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the reply.

But we are not having two company codes..then how can be it a intercompany STO Process.

And more over we are doing MIGO in Port Plant.... where is the delivery to Customer XYZ in Dubai.

with regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
we are doing MIGO in Port Plant.... where 
   is the delivery  to Customer XYZ in Dubai

From manufacturing plant to port plant, you need to stock transfer either with 301 or 303 or 305. In port plant, as you said, they do MIGO and proceed with regular sales process; that is create a sale order on Dubai customer, do PGI and billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxshmipathi,

Appreciate yor reply.

Normally in Standard SAP how the export sales will be done when the stock has to go from Port.

Do we need to create Port as a Plant or not

As u said we need to do stock transfer either with 301 or 303 or 305.

How about the excise if we proceed with these..

with regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Do we need to create Port as a Plant or not

Yes you need to treat the port as a plant.

How about the excise if we proceed with these

I forget to include movement type 351 which is used in some manufacturing plants. In 301 or 303 movement types, only quantity transfer will take place and no tracking of excise duty. That is why manufacturers prefer 351. While sending the material, sending plant transfer the material with 351 movement type and receiving plant while doing MIGO, capture the excise part.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

As per u r suggestion what i understood is that we can follow 301,303& 305 without excise involvment and 351 with excise.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Is it necessary to go with STO with SD Delivery or its fine if we go head with 351 mov type.

with regards

Azeez.Mohd

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you ask me, I would recommend to go with 351 movement from manufacturing plant to port plant. What manufacturing plant has to do is that they just simply execute MB1B with movement type 351 and transfer the stock from their plant to port plant.

Port plant while doing MIGO should capture excise and subsequently, as I said above, follow normal SD process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for u r support..

Just now i spoke to the enduser w.r.t this sceanrio..

At present in their ERP they are following the below process for Export Sales:

They are creating the Sales Order with SP as Port-Mumbai and SH as Dubai Customer.

When they create the sales order,the system triggering PR and PO in backend and then they do GR in Port-mumbai.

From Mumbai-Port they are creating the delivery and Billing to the customer in Dubai .

For this what will be the exact solution in SAP?

with regards

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any problem, maintaining Plant:2000 while creating sales order? then raise STO from 2000 to 1000. follow the std SAP process to transfer stock from 1000 to 2000 & realize the excise duty. once receives the goods from 1000. then issue the goods to the customer from Plant: 2000.

else the other process already posted earlier in the same forum:-( search in forum)

[]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some body kindly answer this point.

If you Stock Transfer from Manufacturing Plant (Pune) to Port Plant (Mumbai), since it is a local STO, Excise has to be paid at Pune. But in reality, this shipment is meant for Export, so why are we paying Excise? Even if you apply later for a reversal showing that the shipment is meant for Export, we are doing unnecessay activities.

Wouldn't it be nice if we ship the material from Pune, with SP as Dubai customer, through Consignment Fill Up and SH as Mumbai Port. Later when the relavant quantity is shipped, we can do consignment issue and if there are any left overs we can return them through consignment pick up. In this way we will be using the standard process and not be involved in excise duties unnecessarily. What say?

Happy SAPing!!

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried with this solution but unable to get it done.

In VOV6 create one Z schedule line category by copying any std sch. line.

Give values as below

order type = NB

Item Category = 7

Acc Ass Category = Blank

Item relevant for delivey = Ticked

PR del scheduling = Ticked

Movement type = 601

Maintain same material in both the plants

Create vendor master for supplying plant

Now,

When you create and save sales order, automatic PR would be generated with NB type

Create PO wrt this PR.

Create delivery through VL10D wrt created PO using 641 movement type

Do GR using 101 movement type in receiving plant.

Then create normal outbout delivery for customer wrt Sales Order and then invoicing using VF01

Doc. flow would be

Sales Order - PR - PO - Del (641) - GR (101) - Del to customer (651) - Billing

The main problem is with acct assignment category.

If i take 'X' then the unable to see the stock in receving plant..it is going to consumption account.

If iam trying to put blank it is not allowing..

Kindly help me.

with regards

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The main problem is with acct assignment category.

If i take 'X' then the unable to see the stock in receving plant..it is going to consumption account.

If iam trying to put blank it is not allowing..

Use "M" as Acct. Assgt. Cat. for your schedule Line. Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez,

I understand that your requirement as Intercompany STO process:

For STO Process config steps as below:

Material should exist in both the plants (Delivering & Ordering),

1. Internal customer should be assigned to the ordering plant ( MM -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Setup stock transport order -> assign the internal customer to the ordering plant and assign the Sales area of the internal customer.