cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join 2 fields into one to map to destination field

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Is it possible to join data in 2 fields into one to map to the destination field? I have image file name kept in one field and want to prefix with a URL which I hope to maintain in a manually added field. Alternatively, it will be great to be able to prefix the image filename with the URL to be mapped to the image destination field.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I found a way to prefix the image filename with the URL (by using the function Apply Operation with Prepand). However, I am still keen to know whether there is a way to combine 2 source fields for mapping.

Thanks

SF

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to combine values from two fields to map a single field of MDM repository using Import Manager. This feature of Import manager is called as Field Partitioning.

You can do it by following below mentioned steps:

1. Open import manager and connect to source file.

2. Specify source and destination tables. expand Source Table under source Hierarchy in Import Manager. And click on first field to select it.

3. Now Go to "Partition Field/Value" tab. In the Source Partition sub Pane you will see your First Field under "partition by" (* because you select first field from source hierarchy).

4. From source Partition sub pane under "Available Fields" select the second field and click on "Add". This will bring second field also under "partitioned By".

5. Now select both Fields under "partition by" and right click and select "Combine" (*Combine option will be enabled only when more than 1 field is selected by "partition By"

6. Once you select Combine, it will combine values from both Fields. Again right click and select "Set combine delimiter" and specify the required value delimiter.

7. Now Go to "Map Field /Values" tab. You will see one more field (*starting with the name of your first field and ending with partition word. Map this field to the required destination field.

8. Follow other normal steps for data import and import data. after data import check data in data manager. you will get combined values from 2 source field in the MDM field.

Check Page no 203 of [import manager reference guide |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8e7a42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMImportManager71.pdf]for more details.

Please revert if you face any issue.

Regards,

Shiv

-

Edited by: Shiv Prashant Dixit on Mar 11, 2010 9:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Is it possible to join data in 2 fields into one to map to the destination field?

Even, i tried with several permutation and combination's to achieve it but all in vain. So, I conclude that there is only one way to achieve it using Partitioning concept as suggested by Shiv. It is working fine at my end too.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (0)