cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Totals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are planning in daily buckets and our planners are requested us to provide layout in the below format:

D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 Total D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 Total

10 10 20 50 90 30 30 240 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 350

Row totals of week need tobe displayed at the end of each week.

Which macro function is used?

Please provide your suggesstions.

regards

ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately it is not possible to do that.

The option you have is to create a second Data View for your planning book, with a time buckets profile set as weekly display.

In this case you'll have one date view daily, and a second weekly.

Hope this helps.

Luiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyways, Convienced planners by taking Aux Kf as Totals.

D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7

fcst 10 20 10 10 10 10 10

Total 0 o o o o o 80

Thanks a lot for your useful suggessions

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my knowledge goes, a given time frame can be defined in only one time period meaning you can view a week as 7 days or as a week. However what you can do is, you can define to view the first week in days and the remaining three weeks of the first month in weeks and the remaining months as months itself.

Having said this, it might be difficult to define a week as both days and then as a week as a whole at the end as well.

Assuming that there is no built in solution available for the same, I would suggest 2 things

1) Define another time bucket profile in weeks and let the planners switch between daily view and weekly view in the planning book interactively the need arises.

2) Define Another KF either physical one or auxillary one and run a macro to calculate the totals and display it for the user.

Hope this helps! Whatever you finally do, let us know this is a very interesting requirement.

Thanks

Mani