cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with rfc sender scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I really hope that you can help me. I´m trying to configure one scenario, where i want to execute a RFC in a sap r/3 system, and send the result of the function to another system, would be a RFC-XI-File scenario...

So I use a sender RFC adapter, I have made a tct/ip connection with a gateway to XI, but i dont know which program ID should i use, I dont know exactly what is the program Id eiher....So I use an invented one, testing the connection it works perfectly. When I executed the function with that rfc destination as target system I got a dump in r/3:

Failed to identify XML Document:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException Document.root

When I check the xi monitoring, it seems to work fine, but in the message that should be the return of the function, I see nothing, the are no values, the function works fine in R/3 by the way...so i dont what im doing wrong, but there is smething wrong for sure...

Thanks a lot,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check this blog for Sender RFC adapter,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks, but ive checked that weblog a hundred times, and it doesnt help so much to the problem i refered....

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

The PROGRAM ID name can be anything. Just make sure that it's the same in both RFC adapter and TCP/IP connection.

This is error is due to the RFC XML generated not mapping with the RFC metadata structure.

1. Hope u have used RFC request and response for mapping and as Message Interface.

2. Please check if your RFC has been changed after you imported it into IR.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

I dont know what exactly you mean, but i didnt have used any mapping, my function hasnt changed, and it works as follow, you insert two values and it returns a table..

Thanks for your help!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Is your scenario RFC to File and you have not used any mapping.

Then how is data passed file?

Please can you explain your scenario as to what you want to do?

Also, RFC is sync and file async ?

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

Ive already solved my problem, you are right i was wrong and i had to use a mapping. Ive changed the way of configuring my scenario as well.

Thanks.

Luis

0 Kudos

Hello, Luis.

I have faced exactly the same problem here. Could you please give me more details of how you solved the problem?

When you say "i had to use a mapping. Ive changed the way of configuring my scenario as well", it does not tell me much.

Regards,

Marcos.