cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom process chain for extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I created simple process chain for data extraction from FIAA to BI Infocube. It contains such steps: START-DELETE INDEX-DELETE TARGET CONTENT-LOAD DATA-CREATE INDEX. It works fine. It's also asks me, if I really want to delete Infocube content and dimension tables.

Then I create DM package with standart ProcesChain "/CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN". Parameter is the Name of the first chain. When I run this DM it has the error status. But the first chain is working. And now it doesn't ask me while deleting data.

After that I create the new chain: START-MODIFY DYNAMICALLY-DELETE INDEX-DELETE TARGET CONTENT-LOAD DATA-CREATE INDEX-OR-Clear BPC Tables. I created new DM Package for this new chain. But Package has status "Cancelled". If I try to run this new chain dirrectly from RSPC, then error on the element LOAD DATA:

"Job or process LOADING, waiting for event, RSPROCESS 0454TTGWRITPTD1R9L69086EC is unknown / Message no. RSPC002,"

Can anybody tell me, how to run such Process Chains?

thanks

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

Please update on the progress you might have made on this issue where the package log returns an error and unable to use package link.

I am having a same issue trying to trigger custom BW process chain from BPC. The package log returns error though the process chain in BW got triggered and executed successfuly.

Thanks,

Oscar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has found the solution for this issue as I currently have the same one.

The Modify dynamically step in standard process chain /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN fails although the process chain triggered by it is executed as expected.

We have added the BPCCLEAR step as per note 1505729 but still have issues on the "Modify dynamically" step.

Thanks

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same Issue at this moment and I can't find any other OSS notes on it. David were you able to figure this out?

Thanks

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

The note above solved the issue. You basically need a "Clear BPC Tables" step in each of the process chains linked together, in the individual ones and also at the end of the main process chain calling them.

The Clear BPC Tables parameter should be CLOSE_MODE 0 for the individual process chains and have the parameters mentioned in the note for the meta chain (IFCHAINCLOSE Y, CLOSE_MODE 1).

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Thanks for your response, I did not realize that the main process chain /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN was delivered from SAP with an error I was only focusing on the process chains I created. Once I made sure BPC CLEAR had the options you mentioned (IFCHAINCLOSE Y, CLOSE_MODE 1) everything started working.

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxym,

The 1st method for executing your BW process chain via BPC NW is correct. Do not try to attempt the second methodology as it will not work correctly.

The 1st methods error message, what was it? Did you get a dump in ST22? Were there any log messages within the Formula log?

Cheers, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott!

Overall process description is:

Step1. ERP (FIAA) - BW (ZFI_AA1)

Step2. BW -> BPC cubes (using Program UJD_TEST_PACKAGE)

as Maxym said we are not runnig chains in SAP GUI (RSPC), but running Packages from BPC DM.

So,

1. Package1 starts only BPC-chain /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN with parameter CHAIND_ID = ZFI_AA1

2. BW-chain ZFI_AA1 for Step1 works fine transferring data from ERP to BI

last element of that Chain is an ABAP program that starts Program UJD_TEST_PACKAGE

3. Program UJD_TEST_PACKAGE starts another BPC Package2 that's moving data from BW cubes to BPC cubes

and after all - statuses

Package1 - Error

/CPMB/MODIFY completed in 0 seconds

/CPMB/EXECUTE_BW_CHAIN completed in 92 seconds

/CPMB/CLEAR completed in 0 seconds

[Selection]

-

CHAINID=ZFI_AA1

[Messages]

-

Application: MFPLANNING Package status: ERROR

Package2* - Completed

/CPMB/MODIFY completed in 0 seconds

/CPMB/INFOPROVIDER_CONVERT completed in 3 seconds

/CPMB/CLEAR_DATA completed in 1 seconds

/CPMB/APPEND_LOAD completed in 13 seconds

/CPMB/CLEAR completed in 0 seconds

[Selection]

-

InforProvide=0FIAA_C01

TRANSFORMATION= DATAMANAGER\TRANSFORMATIONFILES\EXAMPLES\IMPORT_DEPRECATION_FROM_FIAA.xls

CLEARDATA= No

RUNLOGIC= Yes

CHECKLCK= No

[Messages]

-

Task name CONVERT:

No 1 Round:

Record count: 24

Accept count: 552

Reject count: 0

Skip count: 0

Task name CLEAR CUBE DATA:

Submit count: 4

Task name APPEND LOAD:

Submit count: 552

Application: MPLANNING Package status: SUCCESS

/CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN status

log picture

Link: [http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8688/chainstatus.jpg]

second process "Modify Dynamically" has been created - we don't know why ....

Brief resume - problem with standard chain ...

Thanks!

BR,

Alex

Edited by: Alexey Belozerov on Mar 16, 2010 11:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Ahh, OK, I understand the issue.

Might I suggest trying another approach.

We used UJD_TEST_PACKAGE quite a bit in the BPC 70 NW world due to the fact that we did not have a lot of different options at that time.

Now we have in BPC 75 NW Data Package Links where you can run multiple DM packages synchronously.

I would create a Data Manager Package Link and use that functionality instead of leveraging UJD_TEST_PACKAGE

Embed in your Data Manager Package Link the following - Two Packages:

1) In your first package - Execute the Trigger NW Process Chain (removing the call to UJD_TEST_PACKAGE)

2) In your second package - Execute the package you were calling inside of UJD_TEST_PACKAGE directly

Does that make sense?

This is now using standard functionality and I think it will be a bit easier to maintain as well.

Cheers, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

Thank you for your attention.

We know about Data Package Links. But... We can not use it now.

As I said : the first our package with process chain TRIGGER_BI_CHAIN return error message. So the next package will not be run after this error.

This error message is the main our problem. We use standart DM package, it uses standart BPC chain /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN, this chain runs our custom chain ZFI_AA.

Result:

- custom chain ZFI_AA is OK

- BPC chain /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN returns an error. The element next to MODIFY_DINAMICALY returns an error. I think that something wrong with it. Maybe there was some problem during installation? We use SP01, maybe something wrong with SP1? I don't know

- DM package returns an error

So we have to run our second DM package from the custom chain, and not from Package Links

Cheers

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

I am sorry I don't understand. It appears that what you are saying is contradicting what Alexey is saying.

When you try to run the embedded package alone in SE38 does that work correctly? Is your variant saved correctly?

Cheers, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott!

The problem in standarad chain /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN.

I start Package based on /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN.

then /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN starts another BW-chain.

then we have status for Package - Error, despite the fact that all processes have been finished correctly.

Please look on a picture shows that standard bpc-chain /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN stoped with an errror.

Link: [http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8688/chainstatus.jpg]

/CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN gives an error - therefore Package Status in BPC has status - "Error".

BR,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

We run the second Package through ABAP program. There is no problem with this Package.

We have problem with our first Package. It runs chain /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN. This chain runs our custom chain ZFI_AA.

Problem: ZFI_AA works good, but /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN returns an error. So the first package returns an error also.

So we can't use Package Links and run first and second package in the link. Because when the first package return an error then second package will not run.

Have you ever met the problems with /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN ?

Cheers

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Scott!

Is there any updates regarding /CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN ?

BR,

Alex