cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Unit of Measure in QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have have a product that is managed in a base Unit of Measure (Kg) and also in an alternative UOM (Dozen), say 1Kg = 1Dozen. Please note 1 Dozen = 12 EA, so posting in possible as 5 EA / 6 EA as well

I have following requirements:

1) to post inspection stock in alternative UoM as well as sometimes in base UoM

2) to calculate sample size on the basis of Alternate UoM

Please tell me settings will be required to achieve the above requirements?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Dear Chris,

Following are my views on issues you raised:

1) Posting inspection stock in alternate UOM, not phisible as you are only alowed to post the stock in which inspection lot is generated. Even inspection lot will be created based on base unit of masurement.

2) To calculate sample size on the basis of Alternate UoM : This is possible, while making quality plan (QP01) while defining the characteristics there is option of mentioning sample unit of measurement for each characteristics. Lot can be generated in KG's but you can do sampling in nos, its possible.

pl. revert.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your reply but please make it clear how can I achieve the above mentioned two requirements. Whether I should enter alternate UoM in MIGO, so lot is created and Ql stock posting take place in alternate UoM. What about sample size in alternate UoM.

Please reply!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) to post inspection stock in alternative UoM as well as sometimes in base UoM

This is always the Unit for which GR is made or lot is created.

2) to calculate sample size on the basis of Alternate UoM

This can be changed depending upon the alternate unit maintained on the MM--->alternate unit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think one can post the stock from QI in Base unit of measure only.

Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an OSS note that you can apply that allows you to display the stock posting sceen in the stock-keeping UOM instead of the BUOM.

Other than that, I believe you are pretty much stuck with the BUOM.

FF