cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF middleware - SAPConsole, ITSmobile...Dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We're setting up RF on ecc6.0. Have used SapConsole in previous customers but our basis guys are saying that this is going out of support and we should use ITS Mobile. However, someone else is recommending Dynpro.

My experience of SAP Console was that there wasn't much involved in setting it up but ITS looks tricky - creating templates???

Anyone any experience of ITS or Dynpro?

Thx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Helo!

We are testing both: SAP Console (Telnet) and ITS server. Finally we have chosen ITS Server.

1. About SAP Console: It is fast, simple, and easy to set up....

2. ITS server:

- It is not easy for to set up it by the first time.

- Yes, it is possible to create HTML templates, but we spent a lot of time to make them visible for handheld. Anyway it works now, and it is really almost so fast as text terminal.

- We had problems with function key (F1-F12) and autoenter (automatic >enter< after scanning bar code). Solution: add correct metatags direct in SAP in HTML templates and correct hand held configuration. Unfortunately, metatags are different for different internet browser. In that point support center of handhelds supplier was very helpful.

- I also recommend to use internet browser which is dedicated to your mobile terminals. It is usually much faster than others.

- Finally: Nice and fast solution.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/668d4b72255de4e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul, Marcin,

Thanks very much for your very helpful responses.

Kind regards,

Orla

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are planning to have character based RF over a Telnet platform then you have only one option - SAPConsole.

Your BASIS team is mistaken that SAPConsole is going out of support (WebSAPConsole is going out of support and not SAPConsole). SAP has commited to a long term support for SAPConsole.

If you wish to deploy a GUI based handheld transaction then ITSMobile is SAP's recommended option. To my experience ITSMobile is a good solution for an SAP purist. I have had some teething problems when using the Windows Web browser on CE to access the transactions. They turned out to be not so user friendly particularly in using the function keys. For example F3 BACK on the SAP RF screen is not recognized by the web browser.

So my suggestion, stick to Console based deployment and avoid any fancy GUI based options unless there is a business need for it.