cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request Type - CTS Notification - what is it?

szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus:)

I have strange situation for me here in PI 7.1 in CTS. So far I transported the ESR/DIR/SLD Objects with CTS and the requests have always hade the type "CTS Transport" and in the CTS Browser I could have seen the Objects in the Objects List Tab. Today I got a transport request created by the basis team and its type is "CTS Notification" and it looks a bit different that the other request type. I also cannot see the objects in the CTS+ browser in the object list tab.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is, and how I can create it with different type? Because When in CTS Browser creating the request, there is not way to choose the type.

I have spent some time looking in SDN and SAP Help but found nothing about "CTS Notification"

cheers

simon:)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi simon,

it seems that something is wrong with the CTS.

the solution is to restart the PI- System, after that, it should be work.

kind regards

franz

szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

I thank you so much well yes we did this and it helped al right, yeah good method ))

Moreover if there is a certain type like "CTS Notification" or "CTS Transport" than i would expect that this type makes some sense, and I can find some explanation in SDN/SAP Help.

Well it seems there isn't.

I will leave the post open, maybe someone someday will answer this.

cheers

simon:)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know this post is bit old but currently i am stuck in the same exact situation new TR are getting created as type CTS notification where as till yesterday it was CTS Transport and objects today are stuck in waiting for transport status .

Did you resolve this ? Is restart is the only option over here ?

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on PI7.1and I am facing the same issue..The transport requests created till 2 days back have been of the type CTS transports,the ones created after that are of the type CTS Notification.I am able to see the objects in the transported objects but the status says Waiting for export.

Has anybody come across a similar issue.Should we go ahead and restart the PI system?

Thanks in Advance.

-Induja