cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priting a form on a Zebra S4M through a D-Link print server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have an issue while trying to print a label on a Zebra S4M connected on the network via a print server D-Link DP-301P+.

The printer is working with other programs than SAP because it is installed on the local machine. An when using __DEFAULT this printing from SAP is working to. But I can not use this way.

So I created an OUTPUT DEVICE with DEVICE TYPE "LZEBS2" or "LZEB2" (I try both each time) and with "Destination Host" correct (the "Check connection" is ok) and with "Hoster printer" correct. The "Host Spool Access Method" is : "U : Print Using Berkeley Protocol".

So then when I try to print a document using this OUTPUT DEVICE, the document arrive in the list of the "Spool requests" with status "Proc." during 10-20 secondes and then the status becomes "Compl." (in green) but nothing is actually printed !

Concerning the print server (there is a web interface to configure and mainain), when I try to print there is a message indicating that the printer is printing and then the log actully records a new printing, but again, nothing is printed.

So apprently, the requests is treated by SAP, sent to the print server, the print server treats the request and consider that the printer prints it, but the printer prints nothing (although it correctly print when used in local).

I have search all day and now I out of idea.. Can someone please help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Greg.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There is one thing to keep in mind: access method U is not

as stable as other access methods because it heavily depends on the

network status and resources.

The following note has related information:

64628 - Using network printers from R/3

385794 - Connection problems with network access methods

Regarding configuration, refer to the SAP online help via URL:

http://help.sap.com

SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN)

-> Print Architecture and Printing Methods

-> Remote Printing (Access Methods S and U)

-> Local Printing (Access Methods C and L)

Regards.

Answers (0)