cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver trial 2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I'm new in the community and also in SAP.

I tried to install the ABAP netweaver trial verison 2004s on my Notebook which is part of a company driven LAN.

Now I got an error, I could not clear when starting the application server.

• DP_FATAL_ERROR => main: rdisp/myname=v100wpwmk1ij515_NSP_00 exceeds 20 characters

• DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***

where v100wpwmk1ij515 is the name of my laptop. Is threr any possibility to change the name after the installation?

My

..\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Now looks like

2.198.13.36 J179120

but the new Name is ignored.

Thanks

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

The issue with your host name only :-

>*** DP_FATAL_ERROR => main: rdisp/myname=v100wpwmk1ij515_NSP_00 exceeds 20 characters

>*** DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***

>>Name for My Computer (My Computer >> Properties >> Computer) must not eceed 13 character lenth as mention in the installation guide.

Please change you computer name and try to install again..It will work

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to go through this note. I have followed this note just last night and it worked fine for me.

Note 757692 - Changing the hostname for J2EE Engine 6.40/7.0 installation

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Please change the computer name less that 8 character. (My Computer>>properties>>Computer name>>Click on Change buttom to change computer name then restart your system)

I think there is problem with your computer name which is exceding after installation of NSP.

Then try to re-start your server and check it...if it not working then you need to re-install again after properly uninstall NSP.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

thanks for your fast reply, but unlikely I'm not allowed to change the name of my computer in our company net.

So I try to install netweaver on my own notebook at home, hope for more success.

regards

Klaus

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Please check the below requirement for SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial Version installation :-

System Requirements

Please make sure that you meet following system requirements:

 Operating System:

Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2) or Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista

>>  Hostname must not exceed 13 characters

 NTFS-File system

 Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Firefox 1.0 or higher

 At least 1 GB RAM (2-4 GB recommended)

 Pagefile size according to your RAM settings.

 Intel Pentium III/1.1 GHz or higher (or compatible)

 30 GB hard disk space temporary during installation - 24 GB permanent

 High-resolution monitor (1024x768 or higher, 256 colors)

 Make sure that no other SAP system is installed on your computer

 The SAP system requires several ports for communication services. Therefore the file %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\services must not include an entry for the ports 3200, 3600, 3900 and 8000. A possible entry can be excluded by using the hash symbol (#). (Note: The entry sapmsNSP 3600 for dialog instances may not exist, as it is set to 0 in Trial versions).

 If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter.

Hope this will helps you to install netweaver.

Regards

Arun