cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed Pack or Case - ASN's

0 Kudos

We setup a material in the material master as a case. However inside the box was 2 different items. The case has a UPC and inside the case each individual material has a different UPC. We intended for the customer to buy the case, however they prefer to buy in eachs. As you can imagine this is causing us an issue. Because we are unable to assign 2 each UPC's in the material master. This in turn causes the UPC on the delivery to be blank and our ASN's do not have the UPC.

Our question is, we are looking for the SAP Best business practice for mixed pack / cases.

In researching this, the most common answer I hear is to buy the materials seperately then do a sales BOM to bsically pack the materials into a case. Is this the only answer?

Does anyone purchase a mixed pack/case like we do where these is blue helmet and white helmet in the same case? How do you deal with the different UPC's and ASN's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not really an expert on this, but my guess is there are different solutions possible depending on how exactly you pack and sell items. For example:

1) Something like a "gift pack", e.g. the same materials pre-packed together and sold during, say, the holiday season. In this case it might make sense to create a new material with its own UPC.

2) Materials are sold by case, but the cases are packed as needed and every time contain different materials. I believe BOM would be the only standard solution for this. (And this, actually, is the purpose of BOMs.)

3) Materials are really sold by "each" but are just packed together in a case for, say, convenience. This is, for example, like a large wine store would pack 12 single bottles of wine in a box so that they could be carried easily. In this case I'd question if the box actually is supposed to have a UPC and, if so, it may have to be handled by third-party software at the picking stage.

There also may be some industry-specific solution.