Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 801 when executing external command on

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed CCMS agents and CCMS ping in my system yesterday. And activated the CPH BGD jobs for SL reporting purpse. Now I am getting an error "Error 801 when executing external command on" under class LC 2. I am not able to find any relevant note or help for this error. Any idea why this happens? How can I solve this? The details as follows:

EXTERNAL COMMAND: rc = Error 801

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE(LONG):

<timestamp>: 20100310144206

COMMANDNAME: PING

ADDITIONAL_PARAMETERS: s-sapcae

LONG_PARAMS:

OPERATINGSYSTEM: AIX

TARGETSYSTEM: sapasmc1

DESTINATION:

SY-SUBRC: 801

Regards,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check dev_cp and dev_xpg for errors and post them here

Regards

Juan

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that. There is no error mentioned in both the logs.. This error is coming in SM21 every 5 min. Dont know how to proceed. Please suggest.

Rajeev

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

COMMANDNAME: PING

ADDITIONAL_PARAMETERS: s-sapcae

Seems like a ping command cannot be executed or the target is wrong... can you verify?

Regards

Juan

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that ping command from SM49 and selected the target as sapasmc1. But when I execute it fails with exit code 1. To get the details, I executed it as BGD job and the error is as follows:

"External command: PING

Related parameter:

Ext. prog.: usage: ping [-dDLnqrRv] [-a address_family] [-c count] [-w timeout]

Ext. prog.: #[-f -i wait] [-I a.b.c.d] [-l preload] [-o interface]

Ext. prog.: #[-p pattern] [-s packet_size] [-S IPv6_hostname_or_address]

Ext. prog.: #[-T ttl] host [data size] [npackets]

Ext. prog.: External program terminated with exit code 1

Ext. prog.: SAPXPG started on sapasmc1_ASM_00, Process ID 659520, Process Number 20

External program was cancelled"

Any idea?

Rajeev

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could see that this error comes when a batch job 'CCMS_HOSTPING_BATCH_EXECUTION' gets executed. This has the frequence 5 min and this job finishes without any error!!!

Rajeev

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated the trace level to 3 and now I get some messages in dev_cp which is as follows:

Trace file of control program (trace level 3)

< Function: BtcTrcInit> Function: main SAPXPG 720

2010-03-11 08-52-09 : Before BtcXpgDetach

> Function: BtcXpgDetach < Function: BtcXpgDetach Accept RFC connection from R/3 system

2010-03-11 08-52-09 : Before RfcAccept

2010-03-11 08-52-09 : RfcAccept returned OK

Begin of check_if_security_list

security check switched OFF

End of check_if_security_list

Begin of check_trace_option

End of check_trace_option

Install RFC call SAPXPG_START_XPG

Install RFC call SAPXPG_START_XPG_LONG

Install RFC call SAPXPG_END_XPG

Wait for RFC call SAPXPG_START_XPG or SAPXPG_START_XPG_LONG

2010-03-11 08-52-09 : Before first call of RFCDispatch

Security: rfcexec_logon_check

rfcexec_logon_check: logon_user = TT4WNUC

sapxpg_logon_check: rfc_attr.user = TT4WNUC

rfcexec_logon_check: client = 100

2010-03-11 08-52-09 : After first call of RFCDispatch

2010-03-11 08-52-09 : Before call of RfcClose (sequencing error)

2010-03-11 08-52-09 : After call of RfcClose (sequencing error)

< Function: main

2010-03-11 08-52-09 : End of SAPXPG: main

I think the issue is with the user TT4WNUC. Could you please let me know from where I can change this user?

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same issue on our SolMan. We have debugged the program CSM_RUN_HOSTPING_AS_BATCH within the job CCMS_HOSTPING_BATCH_EXECUTION. We've found out that problem is in the external command PING defined in SM69 where is specified parameter 'Operating system' with value 'ANYOS', but the program of the job delivers the value 'Linux', which is our platform.

The 'Note 536535 - RZ20: External command as autoreaction' recommends to create a customer copy of the ext. command and 'DO NOT use ANYOS, but define the command for the different operating systems of your central CCMS'.

The original ext. command PING isn't modifiable on the system but I don't know how to amend the job to call either the customer ext. command or changed the value 'ANYOS' instead 'Linux' of the param. 'Operating system' when calling the ext. program from the job resp. program CSM_RUN_HOSTPING_AS_BATCH. We are investigating it at the moment.

Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has anyone managed to solve this error? I am getting the same error whether I am trying to ping AIX or Linux system (the job runs on a Linux system but must ping AIX systems)

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Leigh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer from SAP Support on my message regarding this problem:

"For this please logon as user DDIC. Please create new entry instead

of changing the original one. As long as you create it for SOLARIS

system, it will be automatically recognized. But you need to test in

sm49 to see whether the ping command itself would work. As for different type of systems, different parameters were needed."

which worked for us.

Regards,

Peter

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If anyone has doubts on how to perform the last reply steps, here is a more detailed explanation:

- Log on to your system as user "DDIC" and run transaction "sm49";

- Create a new entry with the following information:

Command name : PING

Op.system : Linux

Prog.name : ping

Parameter : -c 1

- Review the SAP note 686765 so you can give the necessary authorizations for the command to be executed.

In this example, the operating system was a Linux, that's why "Op.system" was set to "Linux". The "Parameter" should also be adjusted accordantly (e.g., on a Windows system it would be "-n 1" instead of "-c 1").

Regards,

Isaias Freitas

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question was marked as answered but there appears to be no solution listed. Has anyone found an answer to this issue?

Thanks!

J. Haynes

SAP Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do anyone have a solution. Still see no sap note and any answer, which is able to solve this case.

0 Kudos

I also fell over this problem in our SolMan - and no solution so far.

When you look into the code of function SCSM_RUN_HOST_PING_CHECK which is called by program CCMS_HOSTPING_BATCH_EXECUTION I saw that there are several "ping methods".

This leads to the question: How can this be customized?

Kind regards, Rudi