cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC sender connect to PI results in ST22 error - CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are doing an RFC connect with a self defined RFC (simply a trigger, a report that calls a FM with a single value) to

PI.

The connectivity is working, sender channel in comm.channel monitoring is in green.

The function module is imported to PI and implemented in the related scenario.

But when we try to start the call to PI this will simply result in an ST22 error on PI with the message

CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND.

Does anybody here have an idea about that issue?

We are on SAP PI 7.0 SP 15.

Regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Tomorrow we will start with an SP Update to the current SP.

>

> Hopefully this will solve the issue.

I don't think so. I never had an issue withe RFC adapter, no matter which Sp level I used.

From the error message, it seems that you call the RFC direct on PI, as if your RFC destinition to PI is set up as ABAP connection.(Connection type 3) which is not correct.

Could you confirm that your RFC destination is really a TCP-IP connection pointing to the sender RFC adapter (connetion type T)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Is this one of the stupid errors?

Out implementation:

We have a TCP IP connection in SM59 of the R/3 with host and service entries for the R/3 system and the registered server prg. name that is the same as in the comm.channel (know about case sensivity).

The prog. is registered in SMGW on the R/3 now.

In the report where we are calling the function module the destination is the PI connection added as a ABAP Type 3 connection in SM59 of the R/3 system.

But I don´t think it is correct to add the TCP IP destination in the destination of the function module?

I replaced it for test and there is nothing reaching PI.

So thank you for any further advice!

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Out implementation:

> We have a TCP IP connection in SM59 of the R/3 with host and service entries for the R/3 system and the registered server prg. name that is the same as in the comm.channel (know about case sensivity).

> The prog. is registered in SMGW on the R/3 now.

This looks perfect!

> In the report where we are calling the function module the destination is the PI connection added as a ABAP Type 3 connection in SM59 of the R/3 system.

Suppose you created TCP IP connection with a name R3_TO_XI, then in the report you have to code it as shown below.

CALL FUNCTION 'your RFC FM name here'
  IN BACKGROUND TASK
  DESTINATION 'R3_TO_XI'
  TABLES
COMMIT WORK.

Update:-

You can also refer this wiki..

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/RFCtoFILE

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Mar 11, 2010 5:04 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the report where we are calling the function module the destination is the PI connection added as a ABAP Type 3 connection in SM59 of the R/3 system.

This is wrong

But I don´t think it is correct to add the TCP IP destination in the destination of the function module?

You are wrong

Think about following:t. You want the fm call to be forwarded to the receiving business system.

You do not want the RFC executed directly in PI.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I replaced it for test and there is nothing reaching PI.

Use SE37 for testing. So you can check for errors.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let´s say fixed it on my own!

But thank you for your help!

The reason was, don´t know how this can happen, that the registration in TA SMGW on sender system was existing but not working properly. After deleting the TCP IP connection in the sender system and the comm.channel and entering both again with the same data the RFC is working now as expected!

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you but we already checked the threat 3865 because of TCI IP issue.

All the other OSS are not solving out issue.

We reimported the RFC into the SWCV and updated it in all message mappings and interface mappings.

But still there is no change of the situation.

Tomorrow we will start with an SP Update to the current SP.

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Else I am back!

regards

Dirk

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check link give below.

Check following SAP notes also.

SAP Note 45292

SAP Note 931806

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

could you make sure the settings are correct?

Also confirm the way you are calling the RFC;

Sample;

CALL FUNCTION 'RFCNAME'

in background task

destination 'XYZ'

Commit work.