cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC reveiver channel has reached maximum concurrency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have an XI environment with around 50 Proxy - XI - JDBC scenarios, all using the same JDBC receiver communication channel that has been set up to update a Microsoft SQL DB. It may be the case that some scenarios are running concurrently, and we get the following error in CC Monitoring:

"Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Channel has reached maximum concurrency (5,000 concurrent messages) and no free resource found within 5,000 milliseconds; increase the maximum concurrency level"

However, after some retries, messages are processed successfully at the receiver DB side.

After some research, I found out that I have to change Maximum Concurrency Parameter, in JDBC receiver CC configuration. Currently this is set to default value "1".

Do you have any ideas what value I have to insert ? Are there any other parameters e.g. in VA, that have to be changed in order to overcome this issue ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suggest going thru the below discussion -

Also refer - SAP Note 831162

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can insert between 1 and 5

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evaggelos,

Can you see Question 28 in SAP Note 831162 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 JDBC Adapter which talks about Effect of setting Maximum Concurrency and poolWaitingTime.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your replies. Do you think that I should consider creating more JDBC receiver communication channels instead of 1 currently being used in order to do some kind of load balancing of the SQL statements ?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
One more JDBC channel

Do not create another channel for the same DB/ scenario.....you will be increasing load on XI/ PI server for no use....and it wont help you either.....you will end up having one more channel fighting with other channels to get resources