cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to login ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are not able to login to our SAP system..After giving user credentials it is taking so much time..We are using HP-UNIX & Oracle 10.2.I think archive log has been full..But unfortunately we do not have access to SYSDBA..I have only access to sidadm & orasid.How to check from sidadm that my database is down/archive log is full??If from DB server then what is the command??But in DB server we have only access to orasid user id..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think archive log has been full..But unfortunately we do not have access to SYSDBA..I have only access to sidadm & orasid.How to check from sidadm that my database is down/archive log is full??If from DB server then what is the command??But in DB server we have only access to orasid user id..

Logon with either ora<sid> or <sid>adm and simply run a df -k and check if /oracle/<sid>/oraarch filesystem is full, if its full then you need to do a offline redologs backup.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

In addition to saparch directory mentioned by Samant, also check oraarch directory in the same location. You may find the enough space available in saparch; oraarch might be running out of space.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashley, Once you check Ora arch directory and still if the problem persists then i would advice you to check thru dpmon

and check that if you have all dialog processess stuck. if yes then identify some long running dia process and kill it thru OS level

So that new users can login from SAP level.

How to check : loging thru sidadm, go to cdpro dir, check the profilename, then use this command

dpmon pf=<profile name> .

Hope it helps you.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

login with your orasid and check /oracle/SID/saparc freespace and if it is full, please move the files to some other directory with some place.