Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Order Splitting By Picking Area

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appreciate some help on this one.

Our system is currently set to split picking transfer orders by storage type - I'm trying to switch this off.

Instead I would like to split by picking area, so if I have say, picking area 001 across 2 storage types, I would like a pick that goes across these 2 storage types to be created on ONE TO.

I have tried various combinations of sorting and splitting but so far no luck.

It seems that the 'Split Picking Area' check box in Define Profile > Profile for Transfer Order Splitting actually refers to the storage type.

If this option is checked, I get 2 TOs, even though my picking area is the same across the 2 storage types I am testing.

If this option is unchecked, I get one TO, even if I set the picking areas to be different. It is almost like the picking area has no influence.

I read something about 'Forced' splitting - I wonder if there is an option to uncheck 'Split Picking Area' and then set my sorting in a such a way that I get my desired split??

Any hints or tips gratefully received.

Thanks

Guy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Instead I would like to split by picking area, so if I have say, picking area 001 across 2 storage types, I would like a pick that goes across these 2 storage types to be created on ONE TO."

I would think that you do not have one picking area across 2 storage types. You define picking areas per storage type. So if you give them the same name, that does not mean that they are the same picking areas. So the effect you describe is a split per storage type because they have different picking areas.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guy,

What exactly do you mean with "set to split picking transfer orders by storage type"? Do you use RF in your warehouse?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Christiane