Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO authorization for display only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to restrict some users to display authorization for transaction MIGO. Those users are also authorized for some transaction codes which has similar authorization objects with MIGO & have higher activity values than 03.

Now, in MIGO screen there is a drop down list which has values like "Goods receipts", "cancellation", "Display" etc.

I want to give the required users "Display" authorization. If I press "Display" it shows Material documents only. I want to give this display Material documents to those users as authorization.

I have done trace also. But it would not help me. As the other authorization objects (of MIGO) whith values like 01,02 are already in the user buffer (in another transaction codes) of those users.

I have thought of creaitng Z authorization objects but can't find proper user exits. Concept of attaching Z auth object for this issue only is not clear to me.

Please help me out in this situation.

thanks & regards,

Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove MIGO from the authorizations of the user, give access to MB03

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove MIGO from the authorizations of the user, give access to MB03

0 Kudos

sorry, that was a abrupt update. I didnt give you valid reasons on the "WHY"

MIGO and other transactions share quite a few authorization objects that are common. users might need the other transactions with object values for create and change - when it is the same set of objcts for MIGO you can never make it a display authorization

MB03 is a transaction exactly for such situations, it gives you the right to display the required material documents

Edited by: Shekar.J on Mar 10, 2010 2:20 PM

0 Kudos

thanks Mr. Shekar. We are now using MB03 for the same.

with best regards,

Sandy

0 Kudos

Hi,

For any critical tcode like MIGO MIRO SPRO display authorization create the new role like MIGODISPLAY and assign the activity 03 if no 03 option is there in particular object then deactivate it (by right click on that object node) and this role is assign to particular users who need dispaly to MIGO or like MIRO & SPRO.

Regards,

Er. Sanjay Kumar Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

use only 03 value in M_MSEG_BWA.this object is only used for Goods movement. So, clarify the requirement of other t-codes,as to why and which movement type(if at all) is used

0 Kudos

>

> use only 03 value in M_MSEG_BWA.this object is only used for Goods movement. So, clarify the requirement of other t-codes,as to why and which movement type(if at all) is used

I personally wouldnt like to do this

M_MSEG_BWA is used in a host of other transactions for delivery processing, Physical inventory count and production orders.......so if the user has any transaction that needs a 01 or 02 on this object and if he also has MIGO, he will then be able use it - SO go for MB03, spend some time to investigate with the user what other MB* transactions could be needed and restrict access only to those

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm really thankfull for the help.

Best regards,

João Rezende.

0 Kudos

If it interests anyone, you could search for:

SAP Note 773003 - MIGO: No authorization object for transaction/reference docu

former_member620993
Discoverer

MIGO can be made display only using configuration path MM --> Inventory Management --> Settings for Enjoy Transactions --> Setting for Goods Movements (MIGO) --> Settings for Transactions and Reference Documents.  Within this configuration you can specify what actions can be carried out for the various MIGO transactions, including display-only.  These settings are independent of user authorizations, and all changes are system wide.  If you require a solution based on user authorization, apply enhancement from OSS 773003.  We have found that pulling user access to MIGO and providing MB03 is not a good alternative, as this limits the material document drill-down capability from several SAP transactions and reports that call MIGO for display purposes (PO History, financial reports, etc.)