cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We imported the "dataSourceConfiguration_ads_readonly_db_with_krb5.xml" file into UME and encountered the following error after the server was restarted:

503 Service Unavailable

SAP WebAS Engine starting.....

If this state does not change within a few minutes, please contact your system administrator. Check the recommendations in SAP notes 943498, 764417

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are still having same message after 20min as mentioned by Partha. Please verify the latest trace file "defaultTrace.n.trc" at the following location.

D:\usr\sap\<sid>\JC<instance>\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

Trace file should provide you the error details.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Sirish you need to check the log to see and analyze what really happened and everyting is running fine or not.

states that there is no running server connected.

503 Service Unavailable error states that the service is not up and running. Try to restart java stack and if possible the entire system(if there are both ABAP+JAVA). As per my experience it should help to resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Gurugobinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

All said wait for some time..

Error is coming because Java service are not started..

please shutdoan all instance, check log, that will give you all information.. please patse the recent error log, based on that solution can be provided.

i do not think restrting the instace wont help... seems java error ..

Please paste log file.

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message generally comes up when the Java server is restarted. In my case we need to wait for around 20 mins for the server come up completely and then we are able to login.

Thank you,

Partha

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you sure the server is done starting?

-Michael