cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to moniter abnormal terminations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to moniter abnormal terminations means if i start the server and stop it then it is a normal termination.But if i have started server and then power has lost.so it is not a normal termination.Now how can i know about that ab-normal terminations.Is there any log files in the server which will help me to know about that.Pls send me the related information and related links if any.

Regards,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

Effects of Operating System Shutdowns

If you shutdown a system without terminating the collect process or if the system crashes, the current central log may become corrupted. Corruption occurs if the collect process is writing a message to the log file when the shutdown occurs.

If a log becomes corrupted by an incomplete message or other problem, you must manually correct the problem by repairing or deleting the log file. The log system processes respond with error messages to a corrupted file.

Locking and Unlocking Processes

Locking a process prevents it from being started. Send processes, in particular, do not start automatically if you lock them. You should lock a process when you do not want system log messages forwarded or if the entire SAP System is running in a single instance. Use the following procedure to lock processes:

1. Stop the process that you wish to lock.

2. Enter the value -1 in the process's pid file.

GO THROUGH THIS LINK

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1f/8311ed4bc511d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

THANKS

MRUTYUN