Did you mean: 

Design for Request of Mass Data

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to hear your recommandations for a special PI design:

I have a synchronous scenario

3rdParty (SOAP) <-> PI <-> SAP (ABAP proxy)

where i expect some responses of 30.000 data sets. This would take up to 30 minutes in the SAP system.

How can such a scenario be setup by taking performance challenges into account?

I considered to insert a request "package" parameter, to split the response into 10 parts and forward the responsibility to request the right part to the client, but i m not very happy with that.

Do you have any other proposals?

Regards,

Udo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> i would like to hear your recommandations for a special PI design:

>

> I have a synchronous scenario

> 3rdParty (SOAP) <-> PI <-> SAP (ABAP proxy)

> where i expect some responses of 30.000 data sets. This would take up to 30 minutes in the SAP system.

>

> How can such a scenario be setup by taking performance challenges into account?

>

> I considered to insert a request "package" parameter, to split the response into 10 parts and forward the responsibility to request the right part to the client, but i m not very happy with that.

>

> Do you have any other proposals?

>

> Regards,

> Udo

in similar scenarios this is what we have done;

1. Request the sending application to limit the number of messages per call. Hence each call will have a lesser number of data and your response time will be met

2. what is the relevance of the response to the sender? Is it a mock ack to say that the receiver system has received the data or do you need data back from the receiver system to be send to the sender? If it is only a ack and the data in the response is not relevant then use a Syn to async scenario. That is create the response from PI itself and send it to the sender while you can do an async call to your ABAP proxy to push data to R3