Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Information on Sourcing cockpit and Business rule framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having 2 general qustions :

1. ) What is sourcing Cokpit and what are the things that we can done from sourcing cockpit.Please explain in detail.

example : what i knw abt sourcing is...... It means from where we are going to source our material means vendor.

My idea is to know everything abt sourcing cockpit.

2. ) In SRM 7.0 what is the Busniess rule framework concept and if i need to configure a BRF approval process with respect to Shopping cart and a Purchase order in Extended classic scenario then how do i need to move ahead.

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q no 1:

Sourcing Cockpit is an area from where you can source the requirements..There are two ways by which sourcing can be done.

1. The Purchase requisiton created from ECC 6.0 can be pushed to SRM for Sourcing . Either direct material with Part no or

Service requirement without part number

2. The shopping cart created in SRM can be converted to sourcing.

once the requirments are flown from ECC 6.0 and SRM . in the SRM server in sourcing node--click Carry our sourcing.

you can get all the requirements.

From this you can convert it to Purchase order,contract,Auction. Bid invitation.

Q. no 2 :Business Rule Framework.(BRF)

This is related to Workflow .From SRM 7.0 this workflow is called Process controlled workflow. Only by simple rules the

Workflow for Approval process for P.O ,Contract,Bid invitation can be done.

If you are SAP ABAP person they you can confugure this .Normally ABAP person will do this.. Please go to S ID and get the

details there for Business rule framework

Just check in this forum in Search you can get more details and notes

go to Google.com and enter business rule framework you get more material

check this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-rules-management?rid=/webcontent/uuid/d00df7db-c783-2b10-aa97-ccfe... [original link is broken]

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Answers (0)