cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to send a test message (XML file) at the runtime workbench..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are not able to send a test message (XML file) at the runtime workbench just to test Idoc's. From the component monitoring, under the integration engine, test message- i have given all the parameters like sender and receiver service, interface namespace with the user id and password details. when i say send message it is throwing error while sending. not even displaying any error to attach here. I beleive it is a configuration problem in the integration directory. what do you reckon guys?

OS- win 2003 DB-Oracle 10.2.0.4

SAP PI 2004s basis SPS 18

Appreciate your much needed help!

Thx

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subba reddy,

If it is not displaying any error message also, then how would u know that it is throwing the error.

Just check in SXI_MONITOR by giving the date and time as selection criteria and check whether the message went fine or not?

Thanks,

Shabbir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

solved my pro,thanks for ur quick response.

regards,

Subba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While you are sending the message from RTW means you are sending the message directly to IE. If the message is not reaching the IE means there is a problem in your credentials ( i mean either user or pass) once check out the services and user id and password. Once it reached the IE we can see the message successful or not in the SXMB_moni.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I did check the login credentials, all is well. what are the services do i check please let me know.

thx

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like ur interface is from file(XML) to idoc...

so i think better try to test the message sending from the Adapter engine...instead of directly sending to Integration engine...

if any errors occurs during the same..post the same here...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you choose Correct "Quality of Service" in RWB, while sending the message?

QOS should be Exactly once for Async Message, Best Effort for Sync Message

Regards,

R.Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I choose QOS as EOIO (exactly once in order) in RWB while sending the message.

Shouldn't i choose this while sending? If so, what could be the problem?

Thx

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

why cant you choose "EO" and try it.

do u want messages to go in order?

Regards,

R.Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Right, i couldn't disagree with you on this. We can very well send the message to Adapter engine instead. But that is an obligation for us to go to our customer as we need to ask them every time there is a testing requirement.So, we decided to test internally.

Actually it has been happening from more than a month i suppose.

Thx

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Infact i did select all the options, EO, EOIO and BE but in vain. no use.

Any tips would be grately appreciated!

Thx

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sending Exact Message with XML Schema matches the interface name given during test message in RWB?

Just check this

Regards,

R.Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

How do i check whether or not XML schema matches the interface name while sending a message?

Thx

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subha,

How and from where you taking XML Message, which is given in RWB Test Message ?

Regards,

R.Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

Is the sender a Idoc here? If so, are you using a comm channel and sender agreement now?

If so, delete them both and repeat your test message.

P.S: I know it is perfectly valid to have sender channel and agreement for idocs, but still give it a try and let me know.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

It is a sender Idoc. we are using sender agreement and comm channel. BTW, how do we test a message with no interface and interface namespace fields in the RWB. However i tried sending with * values in place of these values, but didn't succeed.

Thx

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>BTW, how do we test a message with no interface and interface namespace fields in the RWB.

I dint mean to delete the values you provide in test message in RWB.

I meant delete those 2 objects from ID and try to send the test message.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

We do not have a R/3 system, only have PI in our landscap. our customer has R/3 and PI systems.

If that is the case, we can't delete the Comm channel and Sender agreements and send a test message, right?

Thx

Sree

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It is a sender Idoc. we are using sender agreement and comm channel.

Why are you using a channel and agreement for IDOC....we dont need it when IDOC is sender!

All the channels and agreements (if created) are in XI/ PI and we can delete them if they are not required

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Mar 11, 2010 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subba,

Pls check the what value is mentioned for 'Send Message To' parameter.

This has to point to your integration server.

You can find this path in SXMB_ADM transaction.

-Tanaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanaya,

Here you go, the path of the integration server http://xxxx:8003/sap/xi/engine/?type=entry

Thx

Sree

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://xxxx:8003/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

extra / was present after engine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

It was my bad as there is no extra / after the engine in the uRL.

Thx

Sree

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> I beleive it is a configuration problem in the integration directory. what do you reckon guys?

I'd check the user and pass as even if there wouldn't be anything for this message in ID

the message would be send to IE and you'd see the error in routing in sxi_monitor

at least this is what I think

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I checked the user id which is PISUPER and the password info, user id isn't locked and the password is not wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thx

Sree

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subba,

POST YOUR ERROR MESSAGE,THEN WE CAN IDENTIFY THE REASON.

Raj