cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stms configuration doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using ecc 5.0 on oralce database on unix.actually i got doubt to configure stms.My domain controller is Domain_TPD.

which is development system.now that system is down.and the testing server is TPU.And production is TPU.

I have a doubt that i can delete that domain controller and i can create Domain controller in production and i will add testing system to production.Do i configure the same thing in stms.is it possible to create TMS between two systems with same sid.

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please find answer to your questions::

1. i can delete that domain controller and i can create Domain controller in production:: yes you can delete the current configuration & make PRD system as domian controller .

2. i will add testing system to production:: yes you can add new system to new domain.

3.is it possible to create TMS between two systems with same sid.:: Same SID will not be supported in one landscape.You must have dieffrent SIDs .If you are asking the question like if you can configure the transport route in same system then you can do it by creatinf a dummy system.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohit,

I have two sids with same NAME so i want to configure that TMS.is it possible.I know about first two points.but iam in confusing that the ervers with same SID 's cant change in TMS.is it?

Regards,

Naveen

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand why you have 2 systems with the same SID (Specially matching your production environment) if I was you I will simply do a homegeneous system copy and rename the system to avoid confusion and problems like this.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said above development system is down....is it down permanently or due to some issue it went down. If it is down due to an issue then work on making the server up. Why you want to configure TMS between quality and production system? If your development system is going to come up after sometime and meanwhile if transports are done from quality to production then after the development system comes up there will be inconsistency between the systems.

If your development system is down for permanently and if you are planning to have only two systems landscape then better change the SID of current quality (testing) system to SID other than produciton and then configure TMS between them.

Meanwhile dont configure TMS between systems with same SID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Actually we made a system that is equlient to production with same.our developmewnt is not working at present so we are planning to send requests with testing server.so looking for The tms.

For alternate we are looking for it.

Regards,

Naveen

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to change the SID of your test system and then recreate the TMS.

Regards

Juan