Did you mean: 

Sending EWA report to different users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I've got a problem and i don't know how to solve:

I want to sent in Solution Monitoring - EarlyWatch Alert

each report to a different user by email. My question:

Is it possible? ( it works on ServiceLevel Report )and how do i make it work.

Thanks

Meindert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this.

Note 957412 - Troubleshooting automatic email transmission in SAP Solution

Hope this will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

former_member63585
Participant
0 Kudos

In order to send EarlyWatch Alerts (EWAs) to different users, perform the following:

1. Navigate to the EarlyWatch Alert area of your solution.

2. Choose menu Edit -> Automatic E-Mail Transmission

3. For each e-mail address, choose "Create E-Mail Recipient", and enter the Session Name, Report Type and the relevant e-mail address.

(For EWA choose "SAP EarlyWatch Alert" for Session Name, and "EarlyWatch Alert Report with Graphics" for Report Type)

4. Maintain table DSWP_SYS_EMAIL (accessible through the IMG).

This table acts as a white list; EWAs will ONLY be sent to the entries in this table, and ONLY for the systems you enter.

• Note that you still need to perform step 3 for EVERY e-mail address.

5. Ensure that BAdI Implementation DSWP_EWA_EMAILFILTER_BADI_IMPL is active (also accessible through the IMG).

This function does indeed work on a single-solution basis.

If you still require assistance, please open a support message, and we will look at your configuration.

Gordon.

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was looking for this issue and sorry but for the moment it is not possible to send EWA report to different users if these systems belongs to the same solution.

It might be possible to do this if there are several solutions set up

for each productive system.

spro->SAP Solution Manager->Scenario-Specific Settings->Operations-

Sending Service Reports by Internet E-Mail->E-Mail Filter->Map systems

to E-Mail addresses

(the same as SM30 and maintain view DSWP_SYS_EMAIL)

The functionality currently just does not work on a single solution basis.

Sorry for that,

Dolores

0 Kudos

Hi Dolorus,

I have a Solution with about 10 production systems and other solutions defined for Diagnostics, testsystems etc.

For the production systems I can now fill the dswp_sys_email table and the email is being send out correctly to different users, so the fuctionality seems to work.

You wrote that it would not work for a single solution but it might than be a better idea to just define a " dummy" solution.

Although the functionality work great I'm having trouble with large email address in this table. It seemes that it is stored fine but it will not be emailed.

Sjoerd Lubbers

former_member63585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sjoerd,

There may be a limitation in the length of e-mail addresses. How long (in characters) are the e-mail addresses which do not work?

- Please remember that the dswp_sys_email table is a "whitelist". It acts as a filter only, so make sure that the same e-mail addresses are entered in the "Automatic E-Mail Transmission" section of each relevant solution.

- If there is indeed a problem with the length of e-mail addresses, this would be an ideal case for a problem message in SAPNet. If it is possible to correct this, SAP can then prepare a note to address the problem.

- Please also disregard the information from Dolores regarding the limitation for a solution: she apparently was not aware of the new BAdI for e-mail filtering.

Gordon.

0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

I was not aware of the fact that all email address should also exist in the "Automatic E-Mail Transmission" menu option.

Probably my "length problem" has dissapeared.

Thanks,

Sjoerd

0 Kudos

I have the same problem.

We have SM4 and in SPRO there is an option "Map systems to email addresses". In the help it states that you can fill table DSWP_SYS_EMAIL.

I filled the table by mapping the SOLUTIONID SID and EMAIL.

However no email is send when the EWA has run....

Can anyone help?

Sjoerd