cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Structure questions - Plant - Sales org -Company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

I could not understand the releationship between Plant/Sales org with Company code...

As i read one SD book, it said:

1. A plant can only exist within one company code.

2. A Sales organization can belong to only one company code

3. A plant may be assigned to more than one combinations of Sales org/Distribution channel.

So from above, if the plant may be assigned to more than one combinations of Sales org...And those Sales org are belonged to different company code one by one. Then whether means the plant exists more than one company code???

Where is the problem of my understanding???

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hoo Laa,

You understanding is right but you feel confuse becasue you not read the topic "Intercompany" in your book.

where if the sales org XXXX is assigned to company code XXXX and plant XXXX.

Now customer place the order but in plant XXXX dont have stock, so in that case what we will do either we denied to take the order

or we will check is there stock of the material present in the Plant YYYY, assigned to company code YYYY.

Obviously loosing the business is not a good idea, so we take material from Plant YYYY and see it to the customer.

Hopefully now you are getting the idea, what I mean.

For more information, go through the link given below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/dd/5614e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Hope it helps,

Regards,

MT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Plant will be assigned to more than one cominations of sales org with a company code.

If sales organization are belonged to different company code, this will be treated as intercompany sales or stock transfer process.

Complete functionality of the R/3 System can only be ensured if the plants assigned to a company code are only those situated in the same country as the company code.

It is therefore recommended that you also create a company code for each country in which a plant is situated.

Examples:

Only then are tax postings created when transferring stock between plants in different countries.

The taxation procedure and Intrastat declaration are supported only for the country of the company code.

Plant will become sales plant if assigned to combination of Sales Org- Dictribution channel. Then you can do sales transction from this plant.

Plant will become Purchase plant if assgined to purchasing organization. Then you can do purchase transction from this plant.

But before the plant must assign to relevant company code.

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your understanding of Plant to company code is correct.

The delivery plant and the sales organization can be assigned to different company codes, since it is only the plant company code, not the sales organization company code, that is relevant for internal clearing.

Regards,