cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules around account assignment in SC, PO, Conf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Would be great if someone can answer below queries pertaining to account assignments and impacts (if any).

1 - Can the Accnt assignment differ between shopping cart and follow-on Purchase order. i.e. say I assign Cost center in shopping cart and WBS in PO. (I think it should be consistent throughout).

2 - Also, SRM does allow an User to change the account assignment during confirmation creation stage. So eventually Purchase orders and confirmations posted in backed are replicated with different account assignments.

For e.g. Cost centre in PO and then changed from Cost center to WBS when confirmation is created. Would help if someone could provide further inputs on this.

Customer is on SRM_SERVER 550 SP14 with ERP ECC6 (Extended classic scenario).

Thanks,

RB

Edited by: Rajeshree Bhatiya on Mar 10, 2010 8:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am getting an error where the account assignment(Cost Center) is getting changed during confirmation of Shopping Cart from the one entered during its creation. The Cost Center getting picked at confirmation is the one which is assigned as default to the user in PPOMA_BBP. This error is happening in limit Shopping Cart. When I checked the account assignment tab in backend PO document created, correct Cost center is maintained there i.e. same as assigned during the SC creation.

Can anyone please help me on this?

Thanks

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can some one please assist based on the above query

Thanks in advance !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeshree

Of course you can have more than one account assignment per shopping cart, you can also have more than one supplier on a shopping cart, this raises multiple PO's at least one for each supplier in the cart. SAP standard is to raise a seperate PO for each supplier and each Cost assignment, so if you have a two line cart to the same supplier with two different account assignments standard out-of-the box SRM would raise two PO's to supplier. We have programmed this out of our system as it makes little sense in our business and results in multiple invoices from the supplier which we think is a less efficient process.

Multiple account assignments are subsequently transferred to the PO after approval and result in multiple commitments to the account assignments in the backend system.

You can mix Cost Centers, Internal Orders and Statistical orders all on the same SC and hence onto the resulting PO documents.

To go even further, in standard SRM you can also split the assignment of a single line to multiple Account assignments by percentage. We do not allow this functionality as it means that during invoice entry a user would have to make a decision on how to apply a partially invoiced line. This is probably OK if the same person who raised the SC & PO is the one doing the invoice entry because they can make an informed decsiion on how to apply the invoice, but in our organization we have centralized invoice entry, and our "segregation of duties" business rules do not permit the same person who raised the PO to enter the invoice.

Hope this helps

Allen

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Allen and all

please could you help out .

We have a classic scenario and there is a requirement that user wants to enable the percentage button which is greyed out .

please could you let me know in a little more details on :

1. What is the functionality of this button ?

2. why is it greyed out and how it can be enabled

3. Do the workflow settings also have to be changes accrodingly ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeshree

The Account Assignments are transferred from the Shopping Cart to the PO following confirmation of the SC by an approver.

Until approval the SC Cost Assignments are modifiable in the shopping cart. After approval the cart is really discarded and no changes to the cart should be allowed.

The Account assignment can be changed in the PO as long as there are no follow on documents i.e. Confirmations or invoices.

Once follow on documents exist the account assignments should not be modifiable in a standard SAP system.

The only anomaly we have had with changing account assignments in PO's is if you try and change a Cost Centre to an Internal order. This does not work in our version of SRM 550 SP13 but I am hopeful of a fix when we upgrade to SP16.

Hope this helps

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your reply. Also, am I right in saying that mixed account assignments is NOT permitted on the business documents (Sc, PO's, confirmation) in SRM. We can have multiple account assignments of same type like Cost centre on one or more lines.

Thanks,

RB

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

can you share your thought to us?

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Even we have a problem in changing cost center to Internal order in a PO.But we are in updated version SRM 7.2 but still we are having the issue.

Can you please let me know whether your issue got fixed and how?

Thanks.

Kalyani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Muthu. There is some error while rewarding points for your helpful answer.I'll re-try after some time.

Yes, I am referring to multiple account assignment of the same type. I think in SRM we cannot have mixed account assignment types on SC,PO's, confirmations (WBS, Networks, CC, Order), not sure about R/3.

As now now, we are going to implement a check on confirmations.

Thanks

RB

Edited by: Rajeshree Bhatiya on Mar 11, 2010 8:26 AM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 - Can the Accnt assignment differ between shopping cart and follow-on Purchase order. i.e. say I assign Cost center in shopping cart and WBS in PO. (I think it should be consistent throughout).

yes. sc is i/p and it must copy into the follow on document.It must be same.

Are you using any CHANGE badi to change account data.

2 - Also, SRM does allow an User to change the account assignment during confirmation creation stage. So eventually Purchase orders and confirmations posted in backed are replicated with different account assignments.

For e.g. Cost centre in PO and then changed from Cost center to WBS when confirmation is created. Would help if someone could provide further inputs on this.

i thing some thing is wrong here.

There may not be a provision in the confirmation to change accounting data.

Are you using multiple accounting assignment

or services/ limit etc.

===

if it is multiple account assignment , you can change accounting data after you do GR .since it is posting during invoice .

you are correct. it is a bug.SAP Note 606553 - ECS: Change of account assignments in

EBP POs with GR

see the note ;- 1330727

1. Create a purchase order in extended classic scenario

2. Create confirmation in R/3 system

3. Now open the PO and go to change mode.

4. Open the accounting details of any item for which follow-on document exists; we can add new accounting line or change the existing accounting information.

=============

Note 1401091 - Account assignment category is not taken over from PO

==

Note 1381827 - FAQ: Confirmations (FAQ overview)

===

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI..

============================================================================================

668746 AND 815849

System will check during the processing of account assignment objects in an EBP scenario, the backend system reads the default account assignment (Transaction OKB9) as usual if EBP does not provide any account assignment. This note will Switch off OKB9 in EBP scenario and it will list the CNT values from PPOMA in the shopping cart account assignment F4 help.

==============================