Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of negative Plan values in CJ40

TrishW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I would like to know if anyone uses negatives plan values via CJ40 to reflect possible refunds ect. If you have, has there been any impact on any areas, eg reporting, end of year roll etc. Alternatively, how does your area process such examples as below

An example case is where we have spent 1.5M on land aquisition for 2009, but expect a refund cheque of 500K in 2010. The business want to put -500,000 against cost element planning via CJ40.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Trish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i feel, its better to plan as revenue if you expect something to get back as refund.

Bcoz if you plan -ve amount in CJ40 ...

You have to take care at the time of budgeting in CJ30 for that line item or WBS......

Regards

Ashis

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no it is definitely not revenue

imagine if you got a refund for your airfares - that is not revenue - it is cost that you spent being refunded - which means that you did not spend anything

revenue is when you earn something by providing goods and services and to provide these you may incur costs / time

secondly budgeting is not done on revenue (still searching for that elusive organisation that would want to budget revenue)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Trish:

You r doing planing of negative values in CJ40, it will not effect anything.

but if you want to do the basic costcenter , costelement wise planning in FI , yo need to do the settings .

when you doing here in CJ40, but the value will be get deducted from the total values you planned.

so please check how you want to do that..

Regards

sudheer

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot see any issues with what you have proposed