Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Value Calulation based on Start & End Time

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

My client is into Vessel Hiring & the Vessels are given on hire for fixed period (with clear start & end dates & time).

For the above scenario we have a Periodic Contract to BIlling cycle which generates Invoices for every month. while creating the Contract we enter Basic Price as Day-Rate (Calculation type in Condition - O - Quantity - Daily Prices)

Thus the system automatically calculates the Basic Price Condition value based on number of days in any month.

Now the issue here is the client wants system to take Start & End time into consideration. In the Contract header - Contract Data tab we have developed two additional fields (Z-Fields) that capture start time & end time for every Contract.

So, we want system to calculate the Basic Price Condition value based on the Contract start date + Contract Start time.

Example :

1. Contract start date - 25.03.2010 & Start time = 12:00 noon. Basic Price = Rs. 10,000 per day.

2. In the Monthly Invoice, system would calcualte the Basic Price as Rs. 70,000 (7 days i.e. 25.03.2010 to 31.03.2010)

But here the client wants system to consider Start Time & determine Value as Rs. 65,000 as the Contract started on 12:00 noon on 25.03.2010.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

I guess we should develop some routine (in VOFM) & apply it in Pricing Procedures.

But can some expert guide me on the logic of the routine & exactly where to apply the same in Pricing Procedure...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Develop routine and make combination

if start date is xyz and start ime is less that 12 then price is so on so

if date start date is xyz and satrt time is more that 12 then price is so on so.

Hello I am not ABAPer, still tried to suggest you,don't mind for my suggestion

Kapil

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3