cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in deciding OS for Solman 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need few information regarding the OS to be used for SOLMAN 7.0. Can I use Windows server 2003 Standard edition ( 32 bit ) with Solman 7.0. We awe planning to go with Oracle 10.2.0.2 with this Solman. Your thoughts will be appreciable.

Regards,

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jett,

i was reading installation guide for solman 7. It was mentioned that minmum RAm is 6 gb and 64 bit OS needs to be used. But due to some constraints we only have 3 gb of RAM and 32 bit os windows server 2003. Not many user will use this Solman. can this solman be installed.? I know there would be problems. Any minors ones is okay . But will there be any Major ones..

Waiting for your thoughts.

Regards,

Ankit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i was reading installation guide for solman 7. It was mentioned that minmum RAm is 6 gb and 64 bit OS needs to be used. But due to some constraints we only have 3 gb of RAM and 32 bit os windows server 2003. Not many user will use this Solman. can this solman be installed.? I know there would be problems. Any minors ones is okay . But will there be any Major ones..

SolMan is a combined ABAP + Java instance. Java will need at least 1 GB of memory (fixed), ABAP may need 512 MB (or more) and your database will also need some memory.

Technically you can certainly install it on 32bit and 3 GB RAM, it won't be fun working with it though. It also depends which scenarios you want to implement. I'd definitely not try to do E2E diagnostics (with the BW functionality) with that small setup.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jett,

i was reading installation guide for solman 7. It was mentioned that minmum RAm is 6 gb and 64 bit OS needs to be used. But due to some constraints we only have 3 gb of RAM and 32 bit os windows server 2003. Not many user will use this Solman. can this solman be installed.? I know there would be problems. Any minors ones is okay . But will there be any Major ones..

Waiting for your thoughts.

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

as far as i know, 32bit can only support 4GB memory, right? if that's ture, it's not recommended.

you can logon SMP, http://service.sap.com/instguides -> find out SAP Solution Manager, -> 7.0 EhP1, then in the tree of 1 Planning, you'll get "SAP Solution Manager Sizing Toolkit"

that's quite easy for your optimize the system hardware planning.

hope that helps.

Thanks, Jett