cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SAP ECC integration, Material Master object. CMDM scenario.

In standard Business content 'Profit center' is Text field in Location data tuple where as it is maintained as Hierarchy in SAP ECC.

I don't think standard will suffice the business need.

What could be the best approach to model this field?? Hirerachy or validation in existing model??

In case of hierarchy..how to extract data from SAP ECC.

Cheers,

Rc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R c,

What could be the best approach to model this field?

--Hierarchy.

Reason being it will be a big job for you to create validation rules for each combination.

In case of hierarchy..how to extract data from SAP ECC

Go to transaction MDMGX in ECC

Click on maintain ports and check tables.There you will find a port created for Profit centre.(If not you will have to create one with all the details from where you want to pull the ECC data)

If the port already exists then go back to MDM GX transaction and click on start Extraction.

Save the file on ur local hard drive.

Go to Import manager and map this file to you profit centre field.

In MDM --

Create Hierachy Lookup table Profit center.

Now your current Profit centre field which is configured as text wont work (as we cannot change the TYPE of creted field).So you will have to create new field as Profit centre with Type Lookup Hierarchy and here put your Hierarchy table.

Please let me know if any issues.

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extraction is a problem...there is no table for this field. we may have to write FM.

Anyone has any experience on this field?? pls share

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rc,

ERP is using an explicit search help for Profit Centers. This means that there is neither a check table nor domain values for profit centers. For our standard content, we cannot provide a generic extractor as the implemented search help strongly depends on customizing. This is something we cannot predict or implement in a generic way. Being not able to provide a smooth and generic extraction our only possibility to store the profit center in MDM is a text field.

If you want to change this, you should investigate first how profit centers and materials relate in you customer system. You should check the relevant customizing and how user search for profit centers, respectively which profit centers are used for materials. Then you can change the field in MDM to the desired lookup type and implement MDMGX. In MDMGX you'll have to create a port for sure and most probably a function module for the extraction.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

I was expecting the same reply from your side. As you rightly said, assingment of profit centers depends on client (Customer) config hence cannot have standard.

I think i am on right track. Thanks a ton for reply.

Answers (0)