Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Integrate MS MOSS system to SAP PI

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to Integrate the Microsoft MOSS system to ECC system through SAP PI/XI .MOSS is SQL at there side so I want to JDBC adapter to fectch the data frm MOSS SQL database and want to send it to ECC system. SO is it possible to fecth the data frm there database if it is possible how can do we connect the their database system to our PI system as they are in differnt landscape

Regards

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

got resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to use DB adapter to connect to SQL-DB. But, from architecture design principles, it is not recommened to access DB of an applicaiton directly. So, Ask MOSS team to write .net code and push data to PI (invoke the service exposed from PI) using SOAP Adapter.

Hence it will be a push rather than a pull.

Also when u want to send data to MOSS, call a service at MOSS that will update the SQL-DB.

-Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abay,

It is possible to connect you r MOSS system to ECC.You have three ways to send data from MOSS system to ECC.

JDBC(MOSS)->XI->RFC(ECC) or

JDBC(MOSS)->XI->IDOC(ECC)

JDBC(MOSS)->XI->ABAP Proxy(ECC)

Check for related to these scenarios in SDN .

Thanks

Ravi

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RAVI,

Can you please tell me how can we coonect the database through XI .wht are the setup we have to do.

Regards

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use sender JDBC adapter & write the Select Query in it to pull data data into PI.

Search for JDBC sender adapter weblogs & wiki. there is lot of good info available out there...

-Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abahy,

Please check this sites for confiure the sender JDBC adapter.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/JDBC%20TO%20JDBC

Thanks

Ravi