cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automap UNSPSC to hierarchy during data load?

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! FYI, I am mainly working on the SRM-MDM repository. I have managed to load/build our hierarchy with UNSPSC codes in the hierarchy code field and the text in the hierarchy name field. Now, when I tried to load data containing UNSPSC, I found that I cannot map the UNSPSC code supplied to the hierarchy using the automap since the only the hierarchy name is used. Is there any way for me to get the automap to work based on the code rather than the name?

I am now trying to create another hierarchy structure/table with code being the one as Display field but am really hoping that we can use the standard hierarchy field rather than creating new one or altering the existing one too much.

Appreciate any help on this.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need not to create seperate hierarchy table for this. I strongly feel, This can be achieved using Remote Key feature.

You follow below mentioned steps to do it:

1. delete your existing hierarchy using data Manager.

2. Re-import Hierarchy in the UNSPSC table using Import Manager. This time Create a clone of Code field. Map Original Code field to remote key and clone to code field. and Name to name field by creating hierarchy field.

In this way you record in the hierarchy table will have code as remote key.

3. Import Product data with UNSPSC code. This time it will automap it to UNSPSC Name (because code is already there as remote key).

You may need to import UNSPSC table and Product table with the same remote system.

Also before following above mentioned steps, I would suggest to manually set remote key on certain records using data manager and then check automap value in Import manager. It should map code to UNSPSC name automatically.

Revert if you face any problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

You are trying to import UNSPSC Hierarchy into SRM-MDM Catalog repository.

Please find Similar approach for importing e class detailed step by step in the below link.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/HowtoimporttheeClassTaxonomyinSAPMDM

You can import UNSPSC Hierarchy in the same way as discussed in this wiki up-to STEP 4.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini