cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samrtform: Print subheader after page break

0 Kudos

Hello guys.

I'm facing my first smartform and I've an issue with this.

The tree is like this

LOOP section

TABLE catalog

IF catalog-subsection IS NOT INITIAL AND

var_subsections NE catalog-subsection.

SUBSECTIONS

var_subsections = catalog-subsections

ENDIF

ENDTABLE

ENDLOOP

The format prints a table for each section, each section have their catalog, but some catalogs have a subsections.

So my problem is when the page break is done, I want to print again the subsection. I searched on the forum but nobody knows how to know when the page break has been done. Because I want to initialize the variable var_subsections.

Maybe I need other kind of solution.

Please give me ideas.

Tnks in advance.

Edited by: David Morales on Mar 10, 2010 2:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Tnks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this.

1.Works only if the space required to print the Descriptions and Columns are same: Formatting the internal table in such a way that for every new page subsection description will be appended in the internal table.

Analyse, the Space requried for each line item and check how many lines can accomodate in a page.

For Ex: Let us suppose 10.

By taking this count, check whether the subsection exists in the first 10 lines.

If subsection exists, then check whether the subsection line items exists even after 10 lines of the first page.If yes, then a page will be triggered so Insert a new Subsection description here.And proceed in checking for the next subsection.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsi.

0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi

Sorry for answer so late!!!

I solve my problem like this.

On some cases were used in 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 or 43 lines. So I decided that would be the maximum 40 lines per page.

Use a counter and get to the line 40 made an explicit page break to the same page within the SmartForm.

Tnks for your help

Edited by: David Morales on Mar 23, 2010 9:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please still elaborate the requirement and how you want to display.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsi.

0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi tnks for answer.

The form is printed like this....

_____________________________________________________________________________________

______

|seccions-description | Column 2 | Colum 3 | Colum4 | Colum5 |

___________________________________________________________________________________________

catalog-description

Column 2

Colum 3

Colum4

Colum5

___________________________________________________________________________________________

catalog-description

Column 2

Colum 3

Colum4

Colum5

catalog-description

Column 2

Colum 3

Colum4

Colum5

subsection-description

catalog-description

Column 2

Colum 3

Colum4

Colum5

|catalog-description | Column 2 | Colum 3 | Colum4 | Colum5 |__________________________________________________________________________________________

|catalog-description | Column 2 | Colum 3 | Colum4 | Colum5 |____________________________________________________________________________________

PAGE BREAK

|seccions-description | Column 2 | Colum 3 | Colum4 | Colum5 |

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

IF the subsection is the same, print again the subsection. (only when is new page) if not, print the next catalog-description

subsection-description

catalog-description

Column 2

Colum 3

Colum4

Colum5

catalog-description

Column 2

Colum 3

Colum4

Colum5

catalog-description

Column 2

Colum 3

Colum4

Colum5

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ETC...

Not all the sections have subsections.

I hope having explained

Rewards!!!

Edited by: David Morales on Mar 10, 2010 6:31 PM