cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Alert Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am doing the alert configuration. I am facing with two issues.

1. I am getting the alerts in the Alert inbox but they are not getting forwarded to the configured electronic postl. After the configuration, I did the RSALERTEST report and I got the electronic post for the particular alert category. But when I have the real alert, I am having this problem.

2. I used SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTEXT as a container variable with data type CHAR70 and used it in the long text as

"The following error &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTEXT& occurred."

But the variable is empty. It does not get populated.

Please help me out.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jim. It worked with your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just iimplemented container SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRLINES in an alert category successfully.

I typed the Container element to ABAP Dict. Data Type "ALPF_STRING_TAB", This is a table type of string data type. You could create your own Z table type if you want, but you may as well use one that is already defined!

Don't forget to declare the variable in your long text message like this:

&SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRLINES[]&

Hope this works for you!

Kind regards,

Jim

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In RWB what have you maintained in the Where did the error occur section....keep it as no restriction.....are other variables getting populated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Abhishek,

Yes..I kept it as No Restriction and also the SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE variable gets populated.

But the SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTEXT does not.

I dont know why.

Regards.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
also the SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE variable gets populated.
But the SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTEXT does not

Can you tell what is the error and where did it occured? If the error occured in IE (mapping/ receiver determination...in pipeline steps) then you wont have this variable populated.

I am having this variable in one of my AE alerts and it is getting populated alongwith others

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

It is a JDBC to File scenario. For testing the alert, I purposefully gave the wrong password for the JDBC CC.

In the CC monitoring, I see the error. I want to capture that in the Alert message. How do I do that?

Regards.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It is a JDBC to File scenario. For testing the alert, I purposefully gave the wrong password for the JDBC CC.

Give a correct password for JDBC and a wrong one for FILE Receiver Channel and then confirm back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that Abhi, but still same result.

I also used SXMS_ERROR_CODE this time and got it populated as PROCESSING_ERROR.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I also used SXMS_ERROR_CODE this time and got it populated as PROCESSING_ERROR

That is confusing .....is your alert container maintained properly? From your message it seems to have been referred properly.

Update:

Check F10 of this SAP Note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/913858

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Mar 10, 2010 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am maintaining SXMS_ERROR_CODE and SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTEXT in the container and in the long text I have

An error occured in &SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE&

&SXMS_ERROR_CODE&

&SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTEXT&

Where am I going wrong?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the SAP note given?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems we have to download the corrections given in the note right.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes....as given in Note 947738 .... can you do one thing....in AE the error will be visible...can you count the number of characters present in the error message before you go for applying the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I got all the electronic posts...they were being quarantined by our exchange server. The other thing is I was giving SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTEXT instead of SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT. When I used the second one I got the alert populated but only the first 80 characters of the message. The total number of characters in the message were 421. How do I implement the variable SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRLINES? What is the data type for this one? Also I have never implemented SAP Notes, is there any standard procedure for it?

Regards.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The other thing is I was giving SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTEXT instead of SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT.

:(....so much of confusion....you mentioned that you are using proper names!

How do I implement the variable SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRLINES

This SAP Note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1294312 has the list of support packages corresponding to your XI/ PI version. Download the appropriate support package and install it in your server.....you can ask the BASIS team to do it for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As a workaround you can go to ABAP stack T-Code ALRTDISP and then enter the Alert ID in the External ID field.

In the subsequent screen select the entry & click on Alert Container.

You can see the full text.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help guys..esp Abhi..!!

BASIS team implemented this notes. My question is "what is the data type for this SXMS_TO_ADATPER_ERRLINES container varialble?" Is it something like CHAR90?

Regards.