cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE SP03 installing on AIX 6.1 HA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AIX and J2ee experts. My deployment of J2ee SP03 fails on my AIX HA PI Installation.

ERS,ASCS,SCS installed successfully. JSPM update to 3.0 was also ok.

The deployment stops with following.

"Could not execute OP system process for action stop on instance 31 (SCS) process name is sapcontrol.

Perhaps problems with the vrtuell host XXXXPISC ????

Manually stopping the instance and resume the installation, did not resolve the problem.

Any good idea on my problem will be payed with 0,05u20AC bugs )

Regards

Wolfgang

Edited by: Wolfgang Roth on Mar 9, 2010 8:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did SAP note fixed your issue ?

Thanks,

Naveed

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

sorry for a late reply. Yes it solves my problem.

But unfortunatly problems during synchronize bootstrap wit my additional app server on Node B. So I deinstall that. And now SP03 j2ee is applied. Any idea on bootstrap. ?? So what is the correct installation in AIX HA environment.

I have on node A. ASCS SCS,ERS and DVEBMGS.

On node B. only D30 with j2ee instance. any idea.

Thanks a lot in advance for any hints.

Wolfgang

Edited by: Wolfgang Roth on Mar 10, 2010 9:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are running into same issues that I did. The upgrade tries to sync the bootstrap and it fails because of the same authentication issue. Need to apply the same fix on the other app server as well and then just start the sapservice with the following command:

sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/instacne_profile -D

The best way to check will be from CI run the following command:

sapcontrol -nr <instance no. of DI> -host <DI hostname> -function GetProcessList

if it comes back ok you are good.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had similar issue. SAP Note 1140980 - sapstartsrv user authentication on AIX and 927637 solved our issue.

Basically in an JSPM/Install tries to stop ASCS/SCS which is running on a different server, authentication fails.

This is the part from SAP Note 927637 - Web service authentication in sapstartsrv as of Release 7.00

To work around these restrictions on the UNIX platforms, we introduced an authentication in sapstarstrv using the external help program "sapuxuserchk" as of 640 patch 222, 700 patch 149, and 710 patch 89. If this is installed with user ID bit for root (s-bit), the restrictions resulting from the use of the <sid>adm user no longer apply. However, the installation or the upgrade and sapcpe cannot set the s-bit automatically. Therefore, you have to manually set it in each executable directory and protect sapuxuserchk against overwriting by, for example, sapcpe. For this purpose, log on as the root user and change to the instance executable directory, which contains sapstartsrv and sapuxuserchk, for example:

/usr/sap/BIN/D53/exe:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 binadm sapsys 28922395 2008-02-29 08:21 sapstartsrv

-rwxr-xr-x 1 binadm sapsys 1509173 2008-02-29 08:21 sapuxuserchk

Execute the following commands:

chown root:sapsys sapuxuserchk

chmod u+s,o-rwx sapuxuserchk

The authorization should now look, for example, as follows:

-rwsr-x--- 1 root sapsys 1509173 2008-02-29 08:21 sapuxuserchk

Following is the command that the install tries to execute:

sapcontrol -nr <instance no.> -host<hostname> user sidadm password -function Stop

After the fix is applied try running the command yourself, you should get the result something like this:

09.03.2010 15:05:01

Stop

OK

Otherwise you will still get the error message like

Stop

FAIL: Invalid Credentials

The other alternative that I have used is not to include SAPEXE,SAPEXEDB, SAPJVM and IGS as part of the deployment. So not include them when generating the XML file. Just upgrade them manually before the deployment.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Edited by: Naveed Qureshi on Mar 9, 2010 3:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

After applying note 927637 to -rwsr-x--- 1 root sapsys 2090296 Oct 23 2009 sapuxuserchk. We still are not able to deploy through JSPM. How did you deploy IGS and SAPJVM manually? Thank you

Hoang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check [SAP Note 1025085 - How to manually patch the SAPJVM|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1025085]. Also this message has already been marked as answered, please open a new message if you are facing problems.

Thanks,

Naveed