cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Attachment Error: Due to document's naming convention

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem while creating attchments in SAP. This problem is due to some special characters in document's naming convention. As this is an SAP office attachment it will store in SOFFCONT1 table. We are using external content server to store these attachments. So in tcode SKPRO8 we have made setting as previous category SOFFDB and next category SOFFHTTP so that SAP office attachments can be move to content repository which is attached to SOFFHTTP.

Also the table SDOKPHCL contains information about linking of class SOFFPHIO to SOFFDB. Table SDOKPHCL_C which is Local Definitions for Classes of Physical Info Objects. Table SDOKPHCL_C links SOFFPHIO to SOFFHTTP, as we are using external content server for storage, whether this setting of table SDOKPHCL_C for linking SOFFPHIO to SOFFHTTP is mandatory or not.

And how the setting for SDOKPHCL and SDOKPHCL_C effects attachment of a document having some special character ( ' and 😃 in its naming convention otherwse it works fine (attachment created).

We also tried to find SAP notes for this, but I was unable to find some SAP notes. Also tried to find how the configuration of tables SDOKPHCL and SDOKPHCL_C will lead this error, but can not get some relevant documets or notes.

Can anyone please put some light on this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich

Do you have any idea how the document class SOFFPHIO is linked with create attachment PC file.

I have done KPRO settting from KPR08 also for defnining document class SOFFPHIO.

But not sure how the customizing gets triggered when you create attachment file with SAP application object(PR).

I can see many tables in SAP Office ....but which table take influence on this customizing? any idea

Regards

ckumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the solution for this issue? Please update me asap.

thanks

Chad