cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supervisor Approval in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the client i am working they must accomplish the following requirement:

When a user ask for a modification in his user id(add/remove roles, reset password, etc) they want a three stage approval including:

1. The direct supervisor of that person

2. The business process owner

3. Security Administrator.

I have problems configuring the first stage. The client does not have installed SAP HR. Does anyone have any idea??

Kind Regards,

Isaac

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isaac,

Where is the supervisor configured? Either it has to be in SAP HR or LDAP for CUP to bring in this information. If you don't have SAP HR then you need to maintain the user-supervisor relationship in LDAP (AD, ibm Tivoli etc.) for CUP to understand the relationship.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i understand that in somewhere i have to define the supervisor of any user. But can i configure to only interact with AD to search the supervisor? Do you have any guide?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the moment, the company does not have the information available in any of the sources you mentioned. And for license issues, i think that they won't configure the structure in SAP HR. What do you recommend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the SAP GRC best practice CUP(AE) scenario configuration guide u201CCompliant User Provisioningu201D in the following link:

http://help.sap.com/bp_grc53/GRC_US/HTML/681_EN_US.htm

The following link listed all configuration documents under "Technical Information-->Content Library" section:

http://help.sap.com/bp_grc53/GRC_US/HTML/index.htm

This scenario is a 3 stage workflow and i believe it will suit for your requirement with minor modifications.

http://help.sap.com/content/bestpractices/crossindustry/bestp_crossindustry_grc.htm

Thanks

Himadama

Former Member
0 Kudos

CUP is not a magic tool. The information has to be available either in HR or LDAP for CUP to pick it up. You can keep the manager information as manadatory so while submitting the request, user can select their supervisor. If you don't have anyone in the company with adequate CUP knowledge then it would be better for you to hire a consultant/employee for CUP implementation. I have seen so may cases where the implementation was done by someone who did not have idea @ all the features and restrictions in CUP and they ended up doing the implementation 2-3 times.

Cheers,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, if you do not know the answer just dont reply the message. I was only asking for help. And i think that give the advice to a consultant to hire another consultant is not just a good advice. If you have any problem with my knowledge level just don't answer. Nobody forces you to answer.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK; let's cool down, please....

I understand you feel berated here, but actually what Alpesh said is very true. GRC AC is a complex solution with many dependencies, and you better know what you're doing or you'll be doing a re-installation next.

Also, Alpesh does know the answer and it's all in his post - you either have the requester enter the manager manually, or you puöö it from your user details data source, which may be HR (where you say they don't have managers configured) or LDAP (where I guess they won't have managers, either?).

If the manager information is not maintained in your data source, your only option is to have requesters enter it manually.

Frank.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create a CAD with Functional Area and Company