cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are planning to implement a MAM application for one of our clients.The requirement is that he does not want Inventory Management, Business Partner Management and RFID Management.

Can some one suggest me how to deactivate these functionalities without affecting the code?

MAM version is 2.5 (It would be great if I get info for MAM 3.0 version)

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi

If u donot want to distrub the actual functionality

of MAM and have changes .U can Just Disable these functionality in the frontend by changing the changing the visibility option to FALSE.

By doing do their data will be downloaded to the devie but it wont be visible to the user .

For detailed info please refer the EnhancementGuide to change the visibility ooption

this would be working in MAM3.0 too

bye

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth

How do I deactivate in the front end?

I assume that the class “ComponentStatus.java” is where we activate or deactivate a module.

will it be possible for me to stop the data from coming to the device.since this extra useless data exchange would result in network wastage.

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Message was edited by: Gopi Kannappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi!

You can de-activate the unwanted functionalities with MAM Configuration in your SAP Backend System.Each User is assigned with a MAM Scenario.

You can define your own scenario by copying from "DEMO_EMPLO" and You could de-activate the unwanted functionality by unchecking the Check Box for Partner Management, RFID Scenario etc.,

Then make sure this new Copied Scenario is assigned for the User you want in the "User Dependent Data".

Pl find below the IMG paths required for this setup.

In SPRO

(1) Plant Maintenance and Customer Service>>>Maintenance and Service Processing>>>Mobile Asset Management>>>Define Scenario

(2)Plant Maintenance and Customer Service>>>Maintenance and Service Processing>>>Mobile Asset Management>>>Configure User Dependant Data

This should work.Let me know.

Thank You

Gisk