cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question concerning Web Service Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question on web service deployment as it pertains to multi-client SAP systems.

I created and deployed a web service in the client that is used for the development of client-independent objects. There are no issues when calling the web service following deployment.

I am trying to use the same web service on the same SAP system, but on a different client. What is the proper way for accomplishing this? As of right now, the only way I've been able to do this is to open up the desired client and deploy the service again. I tried to take a transport and copy it to the other client using SCC1, but it failed since all the objects referred to client-independent objects.

Below is the URL of the WSDL that was generated via SOAMANAGER.

http://svr-sap05-dev.xxx.com:8010/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/bndg_DF2B9EDC2EA40CF1A9B7001CC4459012/wsdl11/allin...

Client 120 is the client used for development and is where the web service was created and deployed. I would like to use the same web service, but in a different client.

I tried in changing the logon parameters of the web service using SICF, but the invocation failed. It only works if the client mentioned in the logon data matches the client specified in the URL.

I am assuming that SAP builds the namespace of the web service using the client specified in the above URL. If this is the case, then I will have no choice but to deploy this service manually in the other client.

Is something wrong being done or do I have to do the same deployment in the other client?

Regards,

Vince Castello

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login into different client and create endpoint using SOAMANAGER.

Service is client independent but endpoints are client dependent.

Regards,

Gourav

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Netweaver 7.01 (with SOAMANAGER) you can no longer deploy webservices via STMS.

You have to login in each client and create endpoints in each one.

It's a pain, but SAP says it's too risky to implement the solution via STMS or something like that.

There is a SAP note about this.