cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in ALV for method report_attribute_error_message when sorting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I haven't been able to fix the following problem, and I really think it is a bug :

I have a field editable in a ALV, with validation rules. When I make two inputs on two different lines, if there is an error in the first line (error displayed using the method report_attribute_error_message) but not in the second one, and if my ALV has been priorly sorted, The error message is not displayed in the page.

I also noticed that this problem is not happening if you do not refer the element (call of report_message is properly displayed in the case above).

If there is no solution, user expectations will not be met, and I may be in trouble!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found a note on OSS Notes : 1410122

It should fix my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

found this error today, thanks a lot for providing the note!! Would give you some points if possible 🐵

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Glad it helped, but actually this note didn't fixed my problem... maybe it'll work for yours.

If someone find out something, don't hesitate to post. I'll have a note opened to SAP when I have time.

Guillaume

Edited by: scarpati guillaume on Apr 14, 2010 4:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem.

report_attribute_error_message method works perfectly without grouping(aggregation) in ALV. But if the ALV is grouped this method is not working.

If you have solved the problem, kindly help me.