cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimapping (1:N) without BPM idoc to file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario in PI7.1 like source is idoc ,it should be splitted into 14 different files based on some condition.

I am doing this without BPM(1:N) message mapping and operational mapping is working fine.

Whent i am testing,empty files are generated means no values comming except the target message type.

Note: checked the most of the links and blogs but no help

Everything seems fine but not getting the values.Can anybody help. Can multimapping done with source idoc?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

It will definitely work and please see the jin for exactly the same scenario.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

While testing in mapping make sure you put your payload within:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1>

<YOUR PAYLOAD HERE>

</ns0:Message1>

</ns0:Messages>

Regards,

---Satish

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I checked this blog also , if i want to test in RWB how can be the message structure?

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If you want to test from rwb--> integration engine --> test message tab then just your payload. Dont put these:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1>

</ns0:Message1>

</ns0:Messages>

Just put your payload. OR go to message mappign test tab and remove 2nd,3rd line and from bottom last and last but line and then put the payload.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am developing the scenario in PI7.1 . I have only one targe business component and 14 different inbound interfaces.

Receiver dtrm is standard. I have done same as in the jin blog. In PI7.1 any special settings required anywhere.

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

What you are telling now is contradictory to your original query. YOu said you are doing 1:N mappng. But now you are sayihng multiple inputs to one target which is N:1. If you are doing this multimapping will not work becasue the source is idoc. Multimapping works on adapter engine level and since your source is idoc and it works on integration engine and in your case multimapping doesnot work. You may need to redesign your requirement.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Boss you are getting wrong.Ok let me put this way.

My scenario is IDOC to 14 different files. On target side i have taken one business sytem and 14 different inbound interfaces.

This is 1:N (Splitting) not N:1 , I know N:1 not possible with BPM.

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

grt satish,the problem is i tested the scenario from RWB ,where i used entire xml structure like<Messages> <Message1>

This is the problem, as you said need to put only payload while testing from RWB.

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can multimapping done with source idoc?

YES. It can be.

I don't know how u were testing your operational mapping (may be with diff test data). But i suggest that you copy the payload from runtime & test it in ur Operational mapping.

-Siva Maranani

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I did it ,in mapping test editor it is working pretty good.In runtime it is not generating the target elements except message type.

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti