cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on SRM Product Category maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus

I have a question regarding the SRM product category maintenance.

As I know it is possible to activate/deactivate certain product category for the usage in SRM in transaction COMM_HIERARCHY by setting/unsetting the indicator 'Product/Object Assignment Possible'.

The issue that I have is that within same hierarchy for some of the product categories this indicator is changeable but for some orther product categories it is greyed-out. This in spite of the fact that I am in Change mode and that other fields for same category are changeable.

Does anyone of you have any idea what is the influencing factor for such behaviour and what should I check in addition for problematic product categories to be able to maintain that indicator. Apparently the issue must be specific to the product categories but please correct me if I am wrong.

I appreciate all your hints.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Miha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miha

Are you trying to change the hierarchy name or product category text?

did you pull from back end or locally created?

clarify?

i think you can not modify here anything once categories are created .

what we can do if we dont require those product category, we need to control via org structure ext attribute deactivate . so that no one create a sc.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu

Actually I do not want to change neither hierarchy and nor product category. All the categories have been pulled from ECC to SRM.

My question purely regards to indicator (flag) 'Product/Object Assignment Possible' which can be found in COMM_HIERARCHY on the tab Category, subframe Basic Data on Category.

As mentioned I can assign/deassign this indicator for some of the categories but not for all of them. I want to understand why it is not changeable for certain categories.

I am aware of option to assign/deassign categories in the Extended Attributes but this is not my main question.

I hope there is still some other hint available.

Kind regards,

Miha

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miha

actually there is a real meaning of this .this flag must be always set for procurement.

if it is local category i beleive i can change it. there are instaces srm category not used for procurement , that time it is active.

i can check it up and let you know in detail

even i could not change that field . i could not remove the tick mark.

COMM_PRAPPLCAT tcode- venture this i dont remeber exactly. if i would remove , i might get uncheck that one. i dont have sandbox now..

br

muthu