Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA Issues - Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to change the valid to dates and user groups of 110 users in our production, Test and BI systems via CUA. When I do this in SU10 and save it, it's showing green and telling me that everything was successful.

I then check the SCUL log and there are no errors for the change but also nothing to suggest it has been made. When I go into the child systems and check the valid date has not changed and the user group has not been assigned..

The SCUM settings are on global.

Can anyone help me fix this issue?

I have searched the forum but cant find anything relating to this.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Nicnac on Mar 10, 2010 3:50 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicnac,

Are you checking the change button available next to validity from and through and also for user group. Mark the same and again save the entry.

This is small thing but someting people forgot to select the same. If you are already selecting the same then inform so that we can search solution for you issue.

Hope this helps

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicnac,

Are you checking the change button available next to validity from and through and also for user group. Mark the same and again save the entry.

This is small thing but someting people forgot to select the same. If you are already selecting the same then inform so that we can search solution for you issue.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Yes I am checking the change box. I have run it again for the validity date, but I still can't get it to change. It does say that the valid date has been changed in the log. But nothing in SCUL and nothing in the user account in the child systems.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Nicnac,

Check Note 1325775 - SU10: Follow-on error to correction with Note 1306019 and also go through the forum .

Have you checked the idoc status in child system ?

0 Kudos

Hello ,

If it Works after implementing that SAP NOTE its ok , but if not ,, you can check for one more option.

Generally SAP will be connected to Active directory , and there will be a job run frequently which will change the user group and validity date automatically for the users whose vaiidity date not extended in Active Dir or whose last logon is long time back for example.

Because we faced the similar issue , we used to change vaidity date in SAP , but job used to run every day and again change to old date , solution for our was we had to extend the date of vaidity in Active directory , and also in SAP.

Please check if all users you are trying to change are of that kind.

It may not be also the reason , but i am just sharing it with you as there might be chance as I dont see any other issue for your problem.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help.

The Active directory is not connected to SAP here, though its an excellent point and one I will remember in the future!

I will look at the SAP note and see if we can get that implemented. I dont have a Suser at this company yet so it will take a few days.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Connecpk the OSS note was implemented this morning and it has corrected the issue.

Thank you all for your help