cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between implementation project configuration (SOLAR02) and ChaRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears;

We want to benefit from listing all IMG Objects and developments in an implementation project (SOLAR02) to control our transports as we have ChaRM activated on the affected systems.

But there seems to be no link/control which has several consequences:

*Status of "changes" in ChaRM and related developments in the implementation project have to be tracked seperately

*There is no link between the development in the project (SOLAR02) and the created TR.

*There is no limitation/control in the content of the TR if it concerns items not listed in your project => how to check if the project is up-to-date?

Are my assumptions correct? Or am I forgetting something?

What is the experience in maintaining changes (transports) for implementation project? On what level? Linked with the structure in Solar02 or completely independant?

I have done quite some reading around the topics but documentation around project management via SolMan and ChaRM via SolMan seems never to be really connected? (only the overall status of the project and the activation of charm via SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

Yes, there is a link, but might be a little bit difference from your understanding.

For solution manager tool perspective, SOLAR02 and TRs are seperated in different scenarios.

1. SOLAR02, it's related to Solution Documentations scenario.

2. TR control is related to Change Control Management scenario.

if you need link these 2 scenarios, for example, Create a TR -> Release and import the production systems -> then, updates the solution documentations at the same time(like customer codes, test cases, etc...), you need to perform the following areas:

1. Active Change Request Management. the inter-connect is in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

2. Use normal correction to control the TRs and updates the documents at the same time.

Well, detailed steps are quite complicated, hope that helps.

Regards, Jett

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1. Active Change Request Management. the inter-connect is in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

> 2. Use normal correction to control the TRs and updates the documents at the same time.

Thank you for the reply. Concerning these points:

1) This is done... No questions there

2) The "and" in your sentence means that I myself have to do both things? So there is no link?

So this does mean that (what my understanding was) I have to create a normal change via ChaRM but under the project for example a certain business scenario. That developers work on all topics related and should "remember" that if they put something under that transport they should verify if this is documented in the SOLAR02?

If then the change is put to testing they should manually update the status of everything related to this transport in the SOLAR02...