cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECCN question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it advisable to maintain ECCN's in ECC(master data) or GTS(thru XML from data providers).

In case if we maintain in ECC and after transfer of material master to GTS, can i edit/change the ECCN's in GTS for materials? For that wht settings are required in GTS?

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I believe it is always advisable to maintain ECCN values in the GTS system for these reasons:

1. Security - ECC users who have no access to GTS cannot modify ECCN values.

2. Accuracy - The number schema for ECCN values can be configured to match the actual legal regulations

3. Accuracy - GTS is capable of uploading ECCN numbers from content providers like MK Data (xml format).

4. Scalability - ECCN values may be used only for Compliance (legal control) today, but if a company also wants to perform exports and/or AES automatic filing in the future, they do not need to re-invent the wheel since GTS Customs programs take advantage of the ECCN values assigned in the customs documents of the Compliance module.

If ECCN values must also be maintained in the feeder system, a fairly simple program can be written to make RFC calls into GTS to obtain the correct values. I have seen this at companies who have much time/programming invested in their shipping documents in the feeder systems and decline to use the GTS shipping & customs oriented output forms.

I hope these few notes help in your decision process.

Cheers !

-Greg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member58030
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can maintain the ECCN in GTS.

Here is the path

/SAPSLL/MENU_LEGAl --> Classification/master Data --> Export Cotrol Definitions --> Maintain Export Control Classif. Numbers

Regards,

PS