cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

START hostname/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP/MSNOTRUNNING]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am running an ECC installatuion on hp-ux 11.23 and db2 8.2 and its failing at starting instance with the error "START hostname/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP/MSNOTRUNNING] " and i am not realy sure what the problem is. i have set my details as follows

ip adress: 130.200.1.21

hostname samdrp

loopback 127.0.0.1

is there something i must do ?

Output fro niping -v

samdrp:drpadm 21> niping -v

Hostname/Nodeaddr verification:

===============================

Hostname of local computer: samdrp (NiMyHostName)

Lookup of hostname: samdrp (NiHostToAddr)

--> IP-Addr.: 130.200.1.21

Lookup of IP-Addr.: 130.200.1.21 (NiAddrToHost)

--> Hostname: samdrp

Tue Mar 9 22:35:25 2010

***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: hostname 'localhost' not found: gethostbyname [niuxi.c 1477]

Lookup of hostname: localhost failed

samdrp:drpadm 22>

Output of netstat -t

1. netstat -i

Name Mtu Network Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Coll

lan0 1500 130.200.0.0 samdrp 94703 0 77434 0 0

lo0 4136 loopback 127.0.0.1 19226 0 19226 0 0

output from #vi dev_disp

• ERROR => NiDgHdlBindName: invalid hostname 'localhost' (rc=-2;hdl 0) [nixx.c

3660]

• ERROR => DpCommInit: NiDgHdlBindName failed: -8 [dpxxdisp.c 9482]

• DP_FATAL_ERROR => DpSapEnvInit: DpCommInit

• DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***

increase tracelevel of WPs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saganya

Please add to host file entry (Start>>Run>>Drivers>>etc>>Host file)..update the IP and Host name for your server here.

Then try again.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards,

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not on a windows platform i am on h-ux unix and i already have the /etc/hosts

with ip adress and hostname

but for some reason its refusing to pass that stage of start instance

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the contents of dev_ms?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your dispatcher log I see that it is taking your hostname as 'localhost'. What it is returning when put the command 'hostname'?. Though it is not relevent to the problem it stated in dispatcher log, like to know whether you started the database first?. what is the RC of 'R3trans -d ' command. better give the steps that you are following to start the system.

Thanks & Regards,

N.Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this is the output form R3trans -s

samdrp:drpadm 22> R3trans -d

This is R3trans version 6.14 (release 700 - 14.02.08 - 14:55:00).

unicode enabled version

R3trans finished (0000).

samdrp:drpadm 23>

I am not stariting the system up this is during the installation and the installatin is now trying toi start the instance thats when i am getting this error, i ma not starting the susyem manually.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the output of the command 'hostname'?. Comemnt out the 'localhost' entry in /etc/hosts file and make sure that you have an entry for your hostname 'samdrp' with its IP. Then try starting SAP using command 'startsap r3' as 'drpadm' user(here I assume that your database is already up. if not login as 'db2drp' adn start DB2 and activate database 'DRP').

When you use command 'startsap r3' you will have a log created startsap_DVEBMGS00.log in the same directory. check for the errors and post the log here. If sap started successfully the you will see sap processes, use 'ps -ef | grep sap' command to check the same. If SAP is up then you can continue with your installation by starting sapinst again and choose continue with the old installation option.

Thanks & Regards,

N.Amarnath