Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWT client for NW Mobile 7.1

christoph_kurtz2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!<br>

<br>

We have developed a NW Mobile 7.1 application for handhelds with web dynpro. The application is very slow, so that we are looking for an alternative client in the 7.1 context.<br>

<br>

The idea is to use an AWT client. The question is now: is it possible to develop an AWT client which has a dependency to the already implemented service component? Has anyone here already made experiences in this context who can help us?<br>

<br>

Best regards,<br>

<br>

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

With an AWT UI, you would get a better performance on the UI rendering. But you would then need to develop the application manually unlike you do a lot of drag and drop in NWDS 7.1/7.2 IDE for eSWT client development.

Just for the info please have a look at .Net based apps also which would give the best performance and UI richness.

http://www.indience.com/index.php/products/indience-mobile-runtime.html

Best Regards

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

What's the configuraiton of the device you are using?

Shifting the DB to DB2e will help as the performance of DB2e is better than MinDB.

Please follow the Best Practices document for improving the application performance

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a0c22384-3ac5-2c10-98ad-a64c5650988e

I hope this helps.

Its not possible to use the Service component developed in Mobile Applicaitons for Handheld perspective in an AWT application.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which database do you use?

Db2e or MinDB - in my experience, DB2e offers a noticeable difference in performance

I would be interested in how your migration to AWT works out.

I use db2e and eswt, we have been struggling with and ultimately accepting the performance of the MI 7.1 client

we enabled the feature to restart client at end of sync to release memory, that helped with performance, but that is given our business scenario of no-exiting the client by user continous usuage