cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales document - std variant - screen variant -sales order ?

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD experts,

We have assigned a variant in sales document type through VOV8, which is doing the job of WBS element mandatory field at account assignment level while creating sales order thru VA01.

Now I have requirement that the item level WBS element also mandatory field while creating sales order thru VA01 in addition to above head level.

For this I have modified the the Variant thru SHD0 and made the Item level mandatory, but this modification is being affected to all the line items, which are not being filled with data, so if I have to use one line item, the rest of line items have WBS element as mandatory and it is not allowing the order to save.

Kindly suggest solution how to ensure that the line item which is being filled is only applicable the said WBS element mandatory.

Please help.

Thanx in advance

Regards

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the thread is closed, the option/solution is incompletion log is being taken.

thanx all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try userexit MV45AFZZ, form USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE where you can check what you need before saving and send for example a pop-up telling the user that a field must be populated before saving... You'll need an abapper.

Regards,

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I got your requirement, maybe you should try to set the incompletion log check.

Set the WBS element as required field.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

yes, this is one we are using as of now. but still we want if anything else thru SHDO transaction.

suggested solution, can save the sales order if user not gone to the edit incompletion log or ignored. this needs lot of user discipline unlike the mandatory field.

thanx once again,

regards

srihari